11

Jane pov...

I get to my desk and pack everything I want and clear out the rest, I put it on my desk ready to go when Jacobi walks over.
He sees the box and I nod. I say "thank you for being a great partner and friend here, you made me moving here be easier but it's time for me to go home"
He nods and says "I will miss you"
I smile and say "I will miss you too, I will keep in contact and come back to visit when I can."
He says "good, it might take a bit for me to call you Jane instead of Lindsay"
I laugh and say "understandable, I'm still the same just with a different name"
He nods and we hug goodbye before I leave with my stuff.

I head out to the car park where Maura, Frankie and Vince are waiting. Vince says "I thought you mind need a ride"
I smile and say "thank you, yeah my car belongs to the department and had to stay here"
We all get in the car that they had rented for the trip, I give them the directions to my place and we head inside. They have a look around first before we sit down on the couch.

Frankie asks "what happens next Janie?"
I say "well I have to pack up all my stuff and send it to Boston. I don't have a place anymore as I know it sold after I died. I am free to be Jane Rizzoli and do what I want so I am coming back."
They all smile and Maura says "you can stay with me as long as you need"
I say "thank you Mau"
They give a quick update on life back in Boston, Frankie and Maura still work at BPD while Vince runs the Dirty Robber. Ma now runs the BPD cafe after Stanley left, Tommy visits every now and then but he moved away and is working as a successful plumber.
I say "I am looking forward to coming back, it will be a bit different working without you Vince but I want to see if I can get my job back at BPD"
He smiles and says "maybe I might get mine back too, I left because I lost both you and Frost but now that you are back I am thinking about going back. Also doing this case has showed me that I missed the job"
I smile and say "I have missed us, I'm sorry for what I put you through"
Frankie asks "how did this all happen?"
I say "that night I jumped in the water to save Paul Wescourt I hit the water and was pulled onto a boat where two FBI agents were waiting and said that Hoyt was back and coming for me and anyone I cared about. I was given the option to stay and risk all your lives or go and we would all be safe, I knew I had to go. I couldn't risk any of you dying even if it meant I couldn't see you again"
They nod and don't know what to say. I say to them "I will explain more and we can catch up properly soon. I have to pack up this house and say goodbye to my friend here and then we can all go home"
They smile and Maura says "how about we start on your house while you meet your friends and then we can get back sooner.
I say "thank you"

I message Claire, Cindy and Jill, we are going to meet at Cindy's house now. I say I'll be back soon to Vince, Frankie and Maura, they let me borrow the car so I can get there.