13

Jane pov...

Maura and I get to her place and head inside. I put my bag of stuff in the guest room where I will be staying. The rest of my stuff is being sent in the mail and should arrive in the next few days. It's strange to be back but I have really missed it here.

I go into the kitchen to find Maura making coffee. I'm nervous as Ma should be home from work soon. She doesn't know about me yet as Maura, Korsak and Frankie promised not to say anything yet to anyone. I am going to tell Ma when she gets home and call Tommy later.
Korsak and I will go talk to Cavanaugh tomorrow and tell him everything that happened with Hoyt and see if we can both get our jobs back.

I head a car drive up, turn off and then the door shut. I know Ma is home and about to walk in the door. She walks in and sees me straight away, she drops her bag and keys on the ground in shock and can't say anything. I run over to her and give her a big hug, I say "I've missed you Ma, I love you"
She doesn't want to let go. I say "why don't we sit down and talk"
She nods and let's go so we can sit down on the couch. Maura brings over coffee for both of us and places it on the table.
I say thank you and turn to Ma. I look at her and say "I'm sorry for making you think I was dead"
She says "how are you here?"
I explain to her about Hoyt and being put into witness protection and having to leave so Hoyt wouldn't kill them. I answer any of her questions and we keep talking.
She hugs me and says "I'm so glad your back Janie, never do that again"
I nod and say "I promise Ma"
We talk more about her life, what's happened here, my life and the friends I made and working in a different homicide unit.

Once we are finished talking we call Tommy, he is shocked to hear my voice and once I explain everything he is just glad I'm back. He will come back to Boston as soon as he can to see me.