Chapter 5: Rescue part 1.

Start from the beginning

“Wow, She seems very intelligent despite learning everything through a program. I know it will be a lot for her to get use to being here on Earth. But she won’t be alone in learning how to mingle in with the people here. She seems like she really enjoys learning.” My dad says.

“Any other questions,” I ask them. Pete clears his throat for me to look over at him. “ What does she seem like To you just from talking to her?” I think about his question in how to answer. I look at him and the others. “Honestly I didn’t know what to expect at first. I was shocked and nervous and scared all at once. Here my little sister has been alone and waiting for me for all these years. Could she be angry? Will she be happy?

How will I react to hearing her voice? I was so scared how our first conversation and connection would go. She didn’t answer at first that scared me so much. I was hoping nothing happened to her but once I finally heard her soft sweet voice come through. It was like a weight of nerves being lifted. Sang thanked me for finding her. She was so happy to hear my voice. It was like a kid getting their first Christmas present of the year. I did let my anger show a little about not knowing about her and not rescuing her sooner.

I ended up hitting the wall to let out my frustration. Ended up smiling again because she comforted me and made sure I was okay. Here she’s in a dangerous place all alone waiting for years to be rescued. Who knows how long alone and my little sister ends up comforting me making sure I’m okay. I know it was our first time talking but she sounds like the sweetest, kindest, most gentle person ever. Oh she giggles a lot laughs with a bell like sound. Reminded me like a fairy.

I’m excited to meet my sister and it’s like a strong feeling inside me to protect her burst out. Then came over me once I heard her voice. I know she will be perfect with our family and y’all will love her too.”

I look at everyone. In everyone’s own way they were smiling and thinking bout everything we talked about. Mom all of a sudden clapped her hands together. She then stands up. “Well I can't wait to meet her. She will fit perfectly in with us from what you say. I’ll be one proud mama just like I am of you Clark. I’ll go make some drinks for us to continue,” mom says. She leaves to go towards the kitchen.

I start smiling to myself as everyone gets comfortable again to wait on mom. The guilty starts eating at me again about Sang could have been already on Earth by now and not on the Phantom Zone. Dad is watching me from one side of the couch. While Pete and Chloe starts talking on the other side. He sees my expression changes with my thoughts. Dad has always been a silent watcher then gives wisdom to anyone that needs it. Our talks have been the best memories growing up.

“ what’s wrong son. What’s eating at you?” Pete and Chloe look over at me. I shake my head. “Nothing dad. Honestly just feeling still guilty that.....” Just as I'm about to finish my sentence there's a knock at the door. Dad gets up and goes to answer the door.

“Well lookie here. It's Lex Luthor. What are you doing here son?” Dad shakes Lex’s hand and steps aside to let him in. “Hi Johnathan, I’m here to see the birthday boy Clark. Is he here?” Dad slaps a hand on Lex”s back “ Yeah he’s in the living room with Chloe and Pete go on in. I’ll tell Martha your here. She was getting drinks for all of us.” Lex comes towards the living room. Dad retreats into the kitchen to find mom.

Lex comes in the living room. “Hello Chloe”, says Lex. He walks up to her to give her a hug then he gives Pete a man hug. Lex comes over to me give me a hug. He pats me on the back, “Happy Birthday Clark.”  I smile at him “thank you Lex.” He sits down “so how was y'all's day?” Each of us took turns answering him. ”It was good I spent time with my dad,” Chloe says. “I talked to my mom on the phone for a little bit,” Pete says. “I spent time with my family,” I tell him. Lex nods his head “Any plans for tonight?”