Chapter 9

Lena's POV

For the remainder of the evening, that night, I stayed quiet. I've had insane deja vu as of lately ever since Kara mentioned Rosalind for the first time. Well I mean Luna. Which that name also gives me insane deja vu. I'm not too certain why though, it means moon in Latin. What relevance does anything about the moon have to do with my obscene feelings and Kara's adoptive daughter's name?

That is not solely why I stayed quiet most of the movie night. Luna said she was a Luthor. How in the world is that possible?

Maybe it is one of Lex's wrongdoings from his party days? No, that would be too naive of him and he would claim responsibility. He would have been thrilled to have a protege other than myself.

I don't believe that she could be mine. That would be absurd seeing as I haven't been with a man since Jack. I also think that I would remember being pregnant for 9 months. Unless Mother somehow managed to brainwash me. How funny would that be of her? Unless... no. That would be insane, wouldn't it?

<><><><>

15 years ago

***

"Lena, I swear what have you gotten yourself into this time!" Lillian Luthor stood in front of me and ended the torturously long lecture that I did not need to hear as I already had a plan ready for the next nine months ahead of me. I had my arms folded across my chest finally ready to get in a word or two.

"Where did you even find that, Mother?" I glanced at the table to the positive pregnancy test that I was sure that I had told Lex to bury deep down into the trash can in one of the rooms that she never goes in.

"It was brought to me by one of the cleaners. They were cleaning out all of the bins in the house earlier and asked me if it was mine. That would obviously be preposterous seeing as how your father has been away for nearly 4 months. So, I asked Alexander and he said that it was not his, well not his but from a woman of his. The last likely subject would be you of course. However, I do not see that of reason. All you ever do when you visit is lurk in Lex's old lab and do God knows what. And I am not paying for you to go to some school across the globe for you to just throw your life away if it is someone from that absurd boarding school."

"Are you done yet?" I asked and got an eye roll in return. I swear it's like she is the teenager and not me. "First of all, you aren't even the one who pays for me to go to school, that would be Father. Second of all, boarding school is female only. And lastly, what if it is mine?"

Her jaw dropped through the floor and her eyes grew wide. The next thing I knew she had called a driver and practically dragged me out to the car. If I was pregnant, which I am, there was no hiding it from her now. Frantically, she was calling a doctor. It was highly unnecessary, I had already been, Lex took me.

After the painful event that took up a whole evening, I was constricted to my room and only went out when it came time for dinner. I didn't mind it, it was less time I had to stare into the eyes of the devil's advocate.

There was only one problem with being locked away. Tonight I was supposed to meet Adam. He came in for the weekend, the same as I did. We planned it actually. Over multiple emails, we decided that it was best to meet under the stars like we always had in the past.

Neering 8 o'clock I had texted Lex an S.O.S. to help me to sneak out of the house. It took some persuading but I pulled the puppy dog eyes on him. Works every time. I was supposed to rendezvous at 9 but I had to pick something up first.

A pack of Jolly Ranchers, Twizzlers, and a large package of peanut butter M&Ms were all necessities. As well as a sweatshirt that I had bought him sporting the boarding school logo. We had planned on exchanging sweats from the opposing school. This is the first time that I have seen Adam since the night we spent together before going off our own separate ways. Although it has only been a month, being away from your best friend that long seems like an eternity. Way too long in my book.