Chapter 8

Luna's POV

This room is more than I could ever imagine, and I get it all to myself. So many books on the bookshelf as well. And Lena... Is she my mother? She was so nice to me, I never thought that I would get to meet her but here I am. I have always had this long confrontational speech prepared for if I ever did meet her, but now... What if she really is my birth mother? 

This place is already nicer than what I have had in the past. Kara seems nice too. She has seen me at my most vulnerable already. Isn't that fantastic?! I guess that she was at the orphanage that day to see me. I bet it was Jay's doing. I've seen him do that with a bunch of new parents. I just hope that this place is gonna be worth it. I do miss Bailey though...  I hope she is alright. I'll give her a call before dinner. 

I found the piece of paper in my bag that was given to me when Bailey got adopted. In my hand, I held the piece of paper with a phone number scrawled on it. All I need now is something to call her own. I really need to get a cell phone. I guess that I can ask Kara. She said that if I needed anything to just ask.

I walked into the living room and Kara was sitting there, with Lena, on the couch talking. 

"Um, Kara?" I spoke up. They both turned around to me. 

"Yeah," she looked at me with bright blue eyes and smiled. 

"Would it be alright if I borrowed a phone? I don't have one and I want to make a call to my friend if that is okay with you." 

"Yeah, no problem," she pulled her phone out of her pocket then wiggled her eyebrows looking at me, "Is it a boy?" 

My face got red for some reason, it most certainly was not a boy. I reached for the phone, "Hehe, no, definitely not. It is a girl who is like a little sister to me. She was the one that got adopted on the day that we met. I just wanna see how she is doing." Dang, why am I explaining myself so much? 

"Okay, I was only teasing you know." She handed the phone to me and smiled again. She smiles a lot. 

"Hm, yeah, thank you." I held up the phone as to what I was referring thanks to. 

"Yeah, anytime. We'll be right here if you need us. Isn't that right, Lena?" She turned to the other woman. 

"Indeed," Lena added. Her eyes were the same bright green as mine. The same question never leaves my mind. Plus, I've never met my father either, so who knows? Is she my mom? 

"Okay, I'm gonna go call her now. I'll be back." I left the room and into the room that is now mine. 

I dialed the number, and luckily someone picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hello, is this Wilbur?" 

A man's voice came from the other line, "Yes, and who may this be?" 

"Oh, it's Luna, the girl from the orphanage. I was calling to see if I could talk to Bailey." 

"Well, I don't see why not. She is coloring in the kitchen right now. Let me go get her for you." 

"Thank you, sir." 

***

I talked on the phone with Bailey until Kara came into the room to tell me that dinner was ready. She was so excited and has a wonderful home now. Things are turning out for the best now. Although, it still hurts like hell not getting to see her every day. 

<><><>

I sat at the dinner table with Kara and Lena and Kara's sister and her girlfriend. I stayed silent most of the time unless they asked me questions. I'm not sure what they expected. It is kind of awkward, to be honest. I just don't know what to say. I don't know them, but they seem interesting enough.