Chapter 7

I skipped school the next two days. I should have went, but I just couldn't gather up enough courage to make myself go. 

"You didn't go to school again today?" My mom sighed. It was 9 pm on Thursday night. Dan and I were sprawled out across the couch while Phil was on my beanbag. I turned my head to look at her, "Oh yeah, sorry. I forgot to tell you. I felt sick again." Dan and Phil both burst out laughing. 

"God dammit, guys!" I groaned out. "Riley Addison, language!" My mom yelled, making Dan and Phil laugh harder. My cheeks grew red. 

"You're going to school tomorrow," My mom said, walking out of the room. "Damn you guys..." I mumbled. Their laughter soon died down. 

"Hey, you guys want to go to a party with me tomorrow night?"

____

I went to school the next day, but left just before lunch. 

(A/N: Yeah, I know most of you can't just walk out of school, but it's easy to sneak out of my school, so lets just act like their school is too for the sake of the story.) 

I could be back at the restaurant by the time everyone else is and it will look just like I went the whole day. I went to the mall, deciding to get a dress for the party. I hated shopping, but I really wanted to look good. Why? I have no idea. I never try to look too good. 

After about an hour, I found a black dress with lace sleeves that I felt was perfect. I got a drink from Starbucks and I stuffed the newly bought items into my backpack as to not be seen by my mother when I get to the restaurant. I sipped at the drink as I walked down the street slowly, still having an hour to spare. I wasn't going too slow though. I should get there just a little before the rest do. 

____

I was right. I arrived at the restaurant right before the rest did. They couldn't tell my mother that I wasn't at school for half of the day. 

I sat down on the counter, talking to one of the employee's. Her name was Claire and she happened to be super nice. I had talked to her millions of times before though as she had worked for mom since she opened the restaurant. 

"Not going to hang out with your friends?" Claire asked, looking over at the table they sat at. "They aren't my friends," I mumbled. She crossed her arms, "what? They've been your friends for as long as I can remember." I was only a little kid when we had met. About nine or ten? We had been friends even then. 

"Well, now they don't think of me as a friend. I'll make sure they know what they are missing out on though."

____

I was just slipping on my shoes as there was a knock at the door. I already knew who it was so I only yelled, "Come in!" I heard the door open and Dan appeared in the room. He was dressed in his leather jacket, skinny jeans, and one of his many black shirts. 

"Hello there." I said, standing up and seeing that I was almost as tall as Dan. "Woah," I looked down at my shoes, "good job, heels. We've almost beaten the Howell." He laughed a little, "Speaking of which, I know that you didn't just have that outfit because I know you don't own dresses. When did you get it?" 

I smirked, "Skipped half of my classes today and went to the mall. I got to the restaurant just a few minutes before all my ex-friends did." Dan rolled his eyes. I left my phone as Dan had his and I was afraid I would lose it in all the craziness. 

We took a taxi as it was already beginning to get dark and the walk would be pretty far. We stepped out, instantly hearing the music blaring. I grabbed Dan's hand, pulling him into the house. I heard him laughing from behind me.