Chapter 16

We ended up just going to my mother's restaurant. We got food and sat down at the table near the kitchen. Gabi, Phil, and Kade were carrying on a conversation and every so often I would join in, adding my opinion to the mix. I didn't pay attention to the conversation the whole time, but I would keep getting pulled out of my thoughts by something one of them said, making me feel the need to speak up. 

I was drifting into my own thoughts again when a phone started ringing. Kade pulled his phone out of his pocket and as he looked at the caller id, I could see him visibly grimace. I could've swore I saw him roll his eyes as he stood up, mouthed a 'be right back' to us and walked out of the restaurant to take the call outside. 

"Who do you think that was?" Phil asked and I shrugged in response. "Someone he didn't want to talk to," I inserted my piece again. It was a few minutes before Kade came back in, looking angry. We saw him hang up as he walked in, shoving his phone back into his pocket just afterward.

"Looks like you just had a very pleasant conversation," Gabi said, raising an eyebrow at him. "Yeah, it was the most pleasant conversation in the history of the world. It will go down in the history books," Kade muttered as he sat back down.

"Alexander Hamilton got shot in the ribs by Aaron Burr. I think that wins most pleasant conversation," I laughed lightly as I spoke. "Well, damn," Kade laughed a bit.  

"Okay, before she starts singing about Alexander Hamilton, who called?" Gabi said, looking at Kade. He shrugged a bit. "It doesn't really matter. It was a stupid, pointless conversation," he still looked slightly angry, even if he tried to make it look like he wasn't. 

"Well, yeah, but it obviously made you pretty angry. What was it about?" Phil questioned, trying to get an answer out of him. He again shrugged in what I supposed was an attempt to make us think it was less important. "Like I said, it was a pointless conversation about pointless things," he muttered out the words. I sighed, leaning back in my chair. 

"You know what's really pointless? Trying to get you to tell us anything," my voice came out in a annoyed tone. "That is correct. Good job," Kade said sarcastically, a small smile forming across his face. I shook my face, although I smiled weakly back. 

The door to the restaurant opened, but none of us were paying attention to who walked in except for Kade. I was still looking at Kade as he saw who walked in. He looked angry again. 

He stood up and we all saw him looking at whomever just walked in. Our curiosity got the best of us, I looked straight ahead while Gabi and Phil turned to look behind them at the person. 

Hunter

Kade started walking over to him. "I told you not to come here," Kade said angrily through gritted teeth. "You can't make me do anything, Murphy," I heard Hunter scoff before continuing, "it's a public place. I can be here if damn please." 

"Leave, Hunter," Kade forced out. "No, thanks," Hunter looked over at me. He smirked. Kade pushed Hunter back, "How about you not mess with us, okay?" Hunter laughed a bit. "All I wanted to do was see your friend. You know. The liar," the words came out of Hunter's mouth and before he could put his signature smirk back upon his face, Kade's balled up fist hit his jaw, making Hunter stumbled back a bit and hold his jaw. We all jumped up from the table when it happened. 

"Oh, that's how we're gonna play it?" Hunter grinned before tackling Kade to the floor. Somewhere in the mess of fists flying, we ran over to break it up. Kade had ended up rolling on top, getting the advantage and punching him. My mum came out from the kitchen after hearing the commotion. 

Phil and I pulled Kade away and Hunter got up. Before Hunter could move to continue the fight, Gabi got in front of him, pushing him back. My mother got in the middle. 

"Hunter, you're going to have to leave," my mother declared. Hunter let out a frustrated breath of air, glaring at Kade. He pushed Gabi's arms away from him and stormed out of the doors. Phil and I let go of Kade. I could see him clenching his teeth from anger. His lip was slightly busted, not badly. I could already tell in some places where there would be bruises. 

"I'm guessing that's who was on the phone." 

A/N:

I am so out of ideas for this story.