Ch43 - The Darkness's First Appearance

Hello again guys! I'm back!! How're you doing? Enjoy reading!

*****************************
Miyuu's POV

I flew with my wings to the battlefield. Eiji-san and the others passed by me as I moved my wings to fly across the camp.

The feelings of having wings, it was a wonderful experience. I felt like I was free from any problems. I was elated and felt like I could fly across the whole world with this pair of wings. I felt liberated by the feeling of air.

I was flying with great speed. It did not take much time to reach the battlefield of west side. By the time I arrived, there were only Rina-onee-chan, Hikari-onee-san and Reiki-kun defending the west side with all they had. There was no soldier since the were defending the other sides in case there were more monsters.

Furthermore, maybe because the spells they were casting were a wide area effect, they did not want to accidentally kill the soldiers. That's why there was no soldier here.

In this form, I could feel the Mana of any person if I focused. It was a strange feeling and I could also see how much he or she had left. I could also see some kind of black haze when I looked at the monsters.

Rina-onee-chan looked very exhausted. It was understandable since I saw how hard she worked to help the camp and the soldiers.

She drew such a difficult magic circle to aid in healing the injured. She casted some simple enchantments on the equipments of the soldiers. Not only that, she had just finished fighting at the south side. I could feel that she had used up most of her Mana. She barely had enough not to faint. Her eyes were sunk a little when I looked at them.

Hikari-onee-san on the other hand was forcing herself to stay conscious. She already used up all her Mana in dealing with the monster.

Reiki-kun was clearly sweating to keep up on casting magic. He was only a child, therefore it was not strange for him to be exhausted after fighting for a long time.

They looked like that wanted to give up but couldn't since they needed to hold on until reinforcements arrive which were Eiji-san and the others.

However, they did not have to wait that long. Since, with this power, I would help them.

*****************************

Third Person POV

"I summon the great wall of the strongest emperor, The Wall Of Giants!!!"

Reiki casted the strongest stone magic he knew to hold the monsters for some time until reinforcements came. He had used up all his Mana on that spell. His consciousness left his body and he fainted on his back.

A gigantic and thick wall of stones and steel rose from the earth and halted the monsters advance. The wall was so huge that it almost reach  half of a skyscraper's height. The monsters struggled to destroy or even climb the wall.

The black and regenerating monster had already been pushed into the army of monsters by Rina who blew it away with wind magic.

"Reiki-kun!"

Rina shouted his name in worry and ran to him. She held him and called out to him a few times. However, since he did not wake up, she left him to rest at a tree and prepared herself for another spell.

However, before she could begin chanting, Hikari fell down listlessly. She had also fainted as she used up all her Mana to keep the monsters away from their place.

"Hikari! Hey, wake up!"

Rina went to her and shook her a few times. Then, she understood that Hikari lost her consciousness because of Mana depletion. Rina gritted her teeth and place Hikari beside Reiki.