Ch40 - The Battle (East And South)

Hello~. Please enjoy

*****************************
A few minutes after the battle at the north side began....

Jea, Haruto and Hikari were standing imposingly in the front of the other soldiers. The sound of the battles at the north side was heard by them. Hikari and Haruto began to feel nervous. After all, this was their first huge battle against an army of monsters. How could they not be nervous?

Jea noticed Haruto and Hikari were breathing a little rough than before. Their bodies tensed and their faces hardened.

Haruto tried making small talk with Hikari since she was the only one of his peers who was close.

"Hey, Flame Princess. You seem to be not feeling well. Are you nervous?"

Maybe because of the tense mood, Haruto's words sounded a little bit mean but Hikari did not care any well either.

"Hah, aren't you just saying that to yourself, Ice Prince? A few hundreds of monsters were nothing for me."

"Then, let's see who will be the one that all bark, no bite soon."

"Shall we bet on it?"

"It's game on. The one who kills the most win. The loser need to do one thing the winner asks. Cool?"

Haruto asked while glancing at Hikari. Hikari replied.

"Then, if I win, you will buy me a meal at the capital of the other country."

Hikari demanded him that. Before Haruto could reply, a scout came reporting to Jea with loud voice.

"Report! A horde of monsters are heading here and will arrive around a few minutes!"

Hearing this, they hardened their expression and their bodies got tense.

"So, here they come..."

Jea muttered quietly. Then, he ordered the soldiers to do as Catherina had explained while advising Haruto and Hikari.

"Haruto, Hikari. Do you know what is the most important thing in a battle?"

"Calmness?"

"Strength?"

Hikari and Haruto answered him with their own answers. Jea smiled meaningfully at them for that answers.

"You're not wrong. But, the most important thing is, your life."

Jea glanced at them with sorrow in his eyes as he was reminded of how his grandson fell in a battle.

"No matter how strong you are, you will still die if you don't consider your life as important. It's fine to be scared to die since that might be your lifeline one day. Because, the moment you're giving yourself to death, will be the moment you'll make others despair. As long as you lives, you can still fight until you are the last one standing."

Jea unsheathed his sword and walked straight into the monsters direction alone.

"I'll be making the first move. You can decide yourselves how you want to attack."

Then, he left Hikari and Haruto to themselves behind while making his way to the monsters.

They could only see him off as they knew he could survive with his strength.

"By the way, I still haven't said what I want you to do if I win."

Haruto broke the silence. He also took out his blade and walked ahead of Hikari.

"What do you want me to do? Let me say this first, no indecent demand."

"Like hell I'll do that. If I win, then-"