t w e l v e

"derek! burke was shot, we're out the front

"derek! burke was shot, we're out the front. it's bad derek, really bad." farah stressed through the phone. "it's okay farah, just keep pressure on the wound. you know how to do this." derek reassured through the phone, though farah could hear him rushing and grabbing supplies and organising things. farah dropped her phone to the ground, realising she needed more than one hand to keep the proper pressure on the wound.

it was relief when she saw the neurosurgeon coming running out of the hospital with a nurse running behind him with a gurney. "hey miller," derek greeted, taking over on the pressure as him and farah helped lift burke onto the gurney. they then ran the heart surgeon to surgery, with a couple of other interns running behind them- eager to have the opportunity to operate. farah and derek waited for another surgeon to assist, dr bailey and dr webber joined the surgery. farah went up to the gallery, she was considered unfit for the surgery due to witnessing the shot.

farah searched for denny duquette, wanting to check up on the heart patient. she spotted the other interns through the window, she then over heard a conversation between izzie and george. "izzie." george shortly stayed. "it's okay, burke will be here any minute." izzie replied. farah bursted through the door, "burke was shot, he won't be here anytime soon!" farah yelled, but she was too late.

the sound of denny's heart monitor flat lining filled the room. "izzie," george reminded, whilst farah stood there dumbfounded. monitors continued to beep loudly as izzie still remained still. george moves and pushes izzie to the side and makes his way up to the head of denny's bedside. "izzie, his heart is barely beating. let george call a code." farah said softly. george started to put a mask over denny, "i can't feel a pulse! izzie, we need to call a code!" george yelled, sounding frightened.

suddenly, the blonde grabbed george and moved him away from denny. "i have a plan!" izzie yelled. whilst the pair argued, farah paged cristina yang. "he's crashing izzie, we need to call a code" farah said, making her way to denny as she made an attempt to fix izzie's cause. farah spotted a hanging wire, she picked it up and assessed it, "you cut his lvad wire?!" farah panicked before continuing to attempt to fix izzie's mistake before bailey found out.

izzie made her way towards the brunette, shoving her against the wall away from denny. farah groaned at the unexpected impact. "no, if we call a code, they will rush him to surgery, replace his lvad and then he will stabilise," izzie explained before noticing the other interns confused looks. "he's gonna need to get worse if he's gonna get this heart." izzie shrugged.

cristina yang entered the room, "farah's page said it was an emergency," george then rushed up behind yang and followed the door. izzie turned to farah, "you payed cristina?" izzie questioned. "we need help!" george defended the miller. meredith then entered the room, "what the hell is going on?!" she questioned. "izzie cut denny's lvad wires." george explained.

cristina yang became quickly alarmed, "what do you mean she cut his lvad wires?" at the same time meredith grey questioned, "are you trying to kill him?" izzie looked offended, "i'm trying to save him. all i have to do is confirm that his condition is worse and then burke can call unos and he'll move up
on the list and get a heart." izzie explained. "izzie! didn't you hear me? burke isn't coming." farah yelled.

izzie suddenly looked panicked, "burke's not coming." she commented. meredith turned to cristina, "are you okay?" she questioned her person. "i'm fine, i'm fine," cristina replied. "burke's not coming." izzie repeated. george begin to talk to himself, seeming just as panicked as the rest. "why didn't i take the internship in san diego? none of this would be happening if i was in san diego." george commented.

"burke's not coming!" izzie yelled once again. cristina now appeared upset rather than stern- as she had been before. "no izzie! burke is not coming. i know you're having problems here what with your possible
murder charges and your unbelievably stupid idea of stealing a heart but burke's kind of busy right now!" cristina vented, izzie took a seat on the chair, appearing devastated. "denny's gonna die. denny's gonna die and i killed him." izzie vented. farah stared out the window, she debated contacting shepherd or webber but she couldn't betray izzie like that. even if izzie had betrayed her with alex.

george turned to izzie, seeming to be angered. "you shouldn't have done it!" he yelled. "george," meredith sharply reminded. meredith seemed to have a lightbulb moment, "meredith? do you have a plan?" farah questioned. "give me a second," the intern replied.

a couple of minutes past and the panicked interns begin to try to fix their damages. "he's not gonna die, right?" izzie questioned. she was not answered, which probably made her more panicked. the monitor flat lined and then, out of no where, the monitor starts beeping and denny lets out a large gasp of air. izzie begins to pump his heart again. "you fools," a familiar voice made the interns jump, "better have a good explanation for this." dr bailey stood at the doorway, an angered look clear on her features.

after being kicked out of denny duquette's room, farah stood at the catwalk, staring over the hospital as she attempted to find some sort of excuse of why she had been involved. "why the long face, miller?" mark questioned. "one of the interns cut denny's lvad wire and he almost died. i was involved, most of us were involved." farah questioned, giving mark no names. "you cut an lvad?" mark questioned, a look of disappointment rising on his face. "no, of course not. i arrived after it had been cut. how's burke?" farah changed the subject. "he appears stable at this stage, good job keeping the pressure miller. maybe you're a trauma surgeon after all." mark responded before taking off to see patients.