three: "almost-a-kiss moment"

I woke up the next day and I was home alone because my mother has already gone to work. I fulfilled my usual ritual in the morning, or in that case early afternoon; I made myself breakfast and a cup of of tea, sat on the couch and watched crappy reality show. I liked watching them not because I enjoyed the storyline, as if there was any, or the people starring there; they were followed with a camera all the time. It was fascinating to me that people would give up their privacy for money and fame.

When I saw a tall, handsome guy on the screen I suddenly remembered Sebastian.

I felt warmth in my body and covered my cheeks because I could sense the temperature intensifying there, even though no one was around to see me.

But he was mean to me. I couldn't stand people who were like that. Was it fair to judge him just after one meeting? He was very different in the beginning and when he offered to help after Nate threw me into water.

Nate.

He didn't even apologize. He laughed and acted like nothing happened even though I very clearly expressed that I didn't enjoy the prank as much as everyone else. Apart from Gina... and Sebastian? Ugh.

I shook my head and continued my breakfast letting out a laugh from time to time when something funny appeared on the screen.

It was around two when I heard knocking on the door. Was it mom? She should be still at work. I got up from my comfortable seat and quickly tied my hair in a ponytail to make sure it didn't look like a bird nest.

I opened the door and jumped in place.

"Nate! Oh my god, what are you doing here?" my voice was loud but not to the point where it could be considered a scream.

I realized that I was still in my pajamas, I didn't brush my teeth or put any makeup on. I just stood there and was hoping that the ground under me would split.

"I'm sorry... I didn't know you just woke up," he stuttered. I didn't know why but it felt like he was more embarrassed than me.

"No, I didn't... I just... um. Lazy day?" I tried to force a smile but I was too uncomfortable.

"It's too bad because I wanted to take you out to the movies as my apologies," he lowered his head and rubbed his hand against his neck.

He came to my doorstep just to apologize? How did he know where I lived?

"How did you...?" I paused for a second and then I figured.

"Gina," we both said at the same time.

"So, what do you say?" he looked at me; his gaze shy.

I felt weird in that moment. I wasn't sure wether I wanted to spend time with him after yesterday, but at the same time if he didn't feel bad about what he did he would've come.

"Okay, but I'm gonna need some time to get ready, as you can see," I pointed from my feet to my head; a wide smile appeared on his face.

"Give me your number and text me when you're ready. I will pick you up."

We exchanged numbers and I ran back inside. What should I wear? I had so many questions but decided to take it slow and just be myself. I showered, put some makeup on and chose to wear black skinny and black vans, of course, and a white loose chemise. I straightened my hair a bit even though I liked when it was wavy.

I checked the time and it was already four thirty so I quickly texted Nate and went outside to wait for him. I was just hoping that would make it before my mother returned home and fortunately he did.