You let out a little sigh as he slipped it on, looking up at you with his eyes as he did so. It was your turn next and you did it with shaking hands. This was it. You were marrying Grayson Dolan.

You really never thought that the first time you'd kiss the man you would marry would actually be on your wedding day either. It never even occurred to you that you would be kissing Gray on your wedding day. For the first time, that is.

But it happens. And the feeling you got afterward? When he gave you that little smile while everyone clapped in the background? It was fucking terrible. Because all you could think about was how he looked so much like E and that made you want to cry.

His hand splayed across the small o your back as he leaned in pressed his lips to yours softly. You let out a sigh as your lips met, your fingers grasping his suit before he let go. You let your eyes shut again and pulled away completely, thinking of Ethan as you let him go.

---

He wrapped his arms around your waist, yours around his neck as he began to rock side to side, you doing the same. You and Gray had danced together before. He'd stolen a dance from you at prom, at E's wedding-- and a few times in between.

But this one? Your first dance as a married couple? This one was so awkward.

You could barely keep your eyes up, keeping them trailed on his tie until he pulled you closer, your chin against his shoulder. His hands were pressed against your back, yours playing softly with the hair at the nape of his neck-- the hair he'd let grow out.

I guess you never know, never know

And if you wanted me, you really should've showed

You made eye contact with Lisa, sitting in her chair and gave her a little smile, and Gray turned, causing you to have to look away. He pulled you away from him again, the distance between you forcing you to look up at him. He gave you a smile and you smiled back, as best as you could.

This wasn't fun at all.

But we were something, don't you think so?

Roaring twenties, tossing pennies in the pool

"You doin' okay?" he whispered softly, as people watched. You nodded, forehead against his chest. "We can end it earl--"

"No, that's okay," you whispered. Just because you didn't want to, didn't mean you were going to ruin Gray's wedding. Any more than you already had.

"Okay," he whispered, squeezing your waist. You smiled, hunching to the side a little, feeling tickled. Familiar.

But it would've been fun

If you would've been the one

The chorus ended and other people began to join you on the dance floor, couples dancing alongside you and Gray. You kept your eyes on his shoulder as you danced slowly, his breath hitting your ear. "Your hair smells nice," he whispered.

"Thank you."

Your eyes drifted off and wandered around the dance floor, your friends dancing with their significant others, your cousins, Gray's cousins, parents, aunts, uncles--

Ethan and E/W.

You watched them, over Gray's shoulder. They looked so happy, Ethan laughing softly at whatever his wife was saying, all the while, their baby at his hip.

And if my wishes came true

It would've been you

You watched as he put Elle down for a moment, telling her something as he wrapped his arms around e/w completely. Only for the baby to tug at his pants, one arm up. He laughed, picking her back up as you watched, still in Gray's arms.