𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮 ➳ I really like your face

Começar do início

I scanned the room until my eyes fell on a black-haired woman. I walked towards Sierra with a smile. Upon seeing me, her eyes widened as she hastily greeted me. "Young miss, what brings you here?"

I ushered Ageon as he put the two baskets on the only table inside the hall. "I brought some snacks and refreshments. You've been working hard lately so I thought you could take a break for a while."

A gasp escaped her lips. "Oh no, young miss. You didn't have to." I gave her a smile as I glanced at the servants who were now staring at us. "Please have some snacks and refreshments."

The servants looked at each other as reluctance flashed through their face. Sierra was the first one to speak up with a smile. "Thank you, young miss." Seeing the head maid move, the servants soon followed suit as they all gave me their thanks.

The servants ate their fill as I chatted with each one of them. The atmosphere was relaxed and void of tension, much to my delight. A huge progress for me! I stayed there for almost 2 hours before excusing myself and leaving for my next lesson.

Since the ballroom was in use, the dancing lesson will take place in a room in the first floor. The servants removed the unnecessary furniture, leaving only two chairs at the left corner of the spacious room. Upon reaching the room, a golden-haired woman was already sitting on a chair waiting for me.

I curtseyed before her and greeted her with a smile. "Greetings to Countess Vaughn." She stood up, smiling amicably. "Greeting to the Young Miss. Please call me Acelina."

"Then, please call me Amarizi, Lady Acelina." I stared at the woman in front of me. She had warm ocean blue eyes and straight golden hair. A dimple adorned her left cheek whenever a smile was on her lips. No wonder, she's called the swan of the ballroom.

With dancing as graceful as the swan accompanied by her delicate features, she earned the title "The Swan of the Ballroom".

She stood up from her seat and walked to the center of the room. "Shall we start, Lady Amarizi?" I nodded my head as I made my way towards her. She let out a smile. "I'll teach you the steps first and once you get the hang of it..." Her eyes went past behind me, "Let's have you dance with your personal knight."

I whipped my head towards Ageon who was standing stiffly at the side. He pursed his lips before bowing his head slightly. "My apologies, Lady Vaughn. I am just a knight, how could I dare become a dance partner for my lady?"

Lady Acelina tilted her head to the side, making her look more innocent. "Ah, do you perhaps not know how to dance?" He stood still in his spot. "...I only know a little, Lady Vaughn."

Hearing his response, she suddenly clapped her hands. "Perfect. You should pair up with Lady Amarizi so you could learn together." Giving him no chance to retort, he resigned to Lady Acelina's request.

The Countess started teaching me the basic steps as I tried my best to keep up with her. "1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3 and turn." She clapped her hands in delight. "My, Lady Amarizi, you're such a quick learner. You're able to grasp it at such a short time. Let's get you to practice with a partner then!"

She ushered Ageon forward as he reluctantly walked towards us. "Do you know the basic steps?" He nodded. "Then, let's start with a greeting and a curtsey."

Ageon turned towards me and extended his hand. "May I have this dance, my lady?" A small smile formed on his lips as his amethyst eyes held my pink ones. I placed my hand on his extended one while placing a hand on his shoulder. He softly clasped our hands together as he held my waist with his free hand.

"Don't forget to look into your partner's eyes. Don't avert your gaze." We started dancing through Lady Acelina's lead as she clapped her hands according to the beat. I stared at the attractive man in front of me who was also staring at me intently.

Seeing him from up close, he really looks handsome. "I really like your face." I blurted out before I could stop myself. His eyes widened as he missed a step and bumped my feet, making me lose my balance. Before I could fall, he tightened his hold on my waist and lifted me up slightly, twirling me in the air and putting me down right after.

We continued waltzing as if none of it happened until Lady Acelina decided to end it. We released each other and curtseyed. Lady Acelina clapped her hands. "That was really good. Though, there are still some things that need some improvement, but overall, it was good."

After a few rounds of practice, Lady Acelina called it a day. I saw her off to the gate before returning to the mansion, Ageon trailing off behind me. "My lady." I stopped on my tracks and turned around to face him. I tilted my head to the side slightly. "What is it, Sir Mades?"

He stepped closer towards me and leaned in until our eyes are on the same level. "My lady, about what you said in the ballroom..." Oh. I let out an awkward laugh. "Ah, about that-" But before I could finish my sentence, he cut me off as my ears heat up at his next words.

"I like my lady, too."

A/N: Celsia watching at the sideline be like: 👁👄👁