|6| 𝚁𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚕 𝚁𝚘𝚝𝚑 ✔︎

Start from the beginning

They peered through the frosted window trying to unlock the door.       " Rachel!" Dick panicked as he pulled against the sealed door.

They could see the silhouette of the man being held against the glass.          " Rachel! Rachel! Open the door!" Dick yelled frantically, trying to open the door but it wouldn't budge. " Rachel open up!" Harper cried as she searched for something, anything to pry the door open with.

" Rachel open the door!" They continued to shout. The two jumped in shock when the man's face slammed into the window, a trail of blood oozing from his head. The door suddenly opened. Dick walked in gun raised. He saw the body on the floor surrounded by blood before he spotted the girl.

Harper glanced at the man who laid dead at her feet while Dick ran to Rachel. Harper tore her eyes from the man who was baked in his own blood to Dick and the raven-haired teen.

" What happened?" Dick asked her as he knelt down in front of the chair, uncuffing her.

" I don't know!" Rachel cried. Harper took her in, she was petite with skin as pale as snow and black hair dyed with a purple-blue. Harper stood back as the young teenager threw herself onto Dick, crying into his shoulder.

Dick spared a glance back to the brunette who was crouching by the man. Her eyes met his, confusion swirling in her chocolate orbs. How the hell did Rachel do this was the only thought in her head. The man had been bled dry, there probably wasn't even a tablespoon of blood left in his body. Harper looked at the teen who was  clutching  onto Dick like he was her lifeline, her eyes filled with concern. What exactly were they getting themselves into?

 What exactly were they getting themselves into?

The garage door opened revealing Dick's most prized possession, his 1986 silver Porsche 911 Carerra. Dick valued this car more than his own life. Harper couldn’t really judge, she was the exact same with her bow.

“ This is yours?” Rachel questioned eyeing the car. Harper moved to the front, throwing her duffel bag and the silver case containing her super suit into the trunk. “ More like, family heirloom” Harper chimed before Dick could. He shot her a glare which she just responded with a haughty wink.

Rachel studied the pair, from the soft brown curls that was tied into a pony, the bright brown eyes and the dimple that rested on her right cheek. Rachel had a nagging sense that she had seen her before. When she touched Dick , she relived all his memories and the brunette, she was in majority of them.

“ Come on, let’s go" Dick said revving the engine.

“ So where exactly are we going?” Harper questioned from the passenger seat. “ Somewhere safe” he responded, his eyes never straying from  the road. “ Well that was helpful" Harper snickered.

“ My mom says there's no such thing as monsters.” Rachel sighed glancing at the two adults. They looked at each other before returning their gazes forward. “ I think she was wrong” She confessed her head tilted on the metal frame of the window. The trees and sky blurring into one.

Harper took pity on the girl. Her whole life had been ripped away from her. She'd believed that she was dangerous and out of control. That she was a monster. Harper turned in her seat to face the girl.  “ You’re not a monster Rachel, you just need help. We’re not going to leave anytime soon, so sorry to disappoint kiddo. You’re not alone anymore" Harper consoled,  giving her a smile.

Dick envied her kindness, she would always try to do good, try to cheer everyone up. She always cared about everyone and everything. Put their needs above her own.  His heart warmed at the sight, a small yet almost unnoticeable smile played at his lips as they drove down the road to their next destination. A broken family being built in the process, unbeknownst to them.