THIRTY FIVE

"I can't believe you're so desperate to find your birthday present that you had us skip school to go through your dad's office and we ended up finding nothing

"I can't believe you're so desperate to find your birthday present that you had us skip school to go through your dad's office and we ended up finding nothing."

"It's my only chance before he gives it to me. It's better I see it before so I can have my fake reaction ready for something I have no idea what it is."

"I think it's sweet that he makes sure every year he gives you a present that he made personally," Lennon smiled.

"It may be sweet to you but I think he just gives me whatever he doesn't need," Harry shrugged, "I don't know how I didn't find it this time though. I find it every year."

"Maybe now he caught on," Lennon shrugged, "By the way, do any of you have my phone?"

"Oh. I took it to use the flashlight," Dylan handed her the phone, "By the way, Peter texted and asked if he could go home. I told him yeah cause I thought it was weird-"

"What?!"

"What? It's kinda weird he has to ask your permission to go home-"

"Jesus Christ, Dylan!" Lennon groaned, "I gotta go."

Lennon barely made it on time, catching up to Peter right as he was about to open the door.

"Wait!"

Peter was startled but still continued to open the door, "You texted me back and told me it was alright."

"That was Dylan but that's besides the point- Pete don't go in there- ugh!"

She should've known better than to try to speak to him when he was obviously listen to music, him walking into the apartment with ease, completely missing Tony Stark sitting at his couch with his aunt.

Lennon walked in after him with a frown, Tony waving at his daughter with a smile when Peter greeted his aunt, still oblivious.

"How was school today?"

"It was okay. There was this crazy car parked outside," he stopped short finally noticing Tony.

"Oh, Mr. Parker," Tony smiled at him while Lennon closed the door behind her, closing her eyes too as she leaned against it in defeat.

"What- what are you doing- hey- I- I don't know if you remember me but I-I'm Peter."

"Of course I remember my little girl's friend- and strictly only a friend."

"Dad," Lennon said warningly.

"Right. There's that and- well, you have been getting my emails?" Tony winked at Peter.

"Um... yeah... regarding-"

"You didn't tell me about the grant," May frowned.

Lennon opened her eyes again to see Peter still as nervous and confused as ever, looking at Lennon now in hopes of answers.