Chapter 6: First Day

(Y/n)'s POV

I groaned as I slammed my hand down on my alarm clock to stop it, still keeping my eyes tightly shut. I probably should've been excited for my first day of college, but in the moment all I wanted to do was be welcomed once again into the warm embrace of sleep. I lay there for a few moments, before finally dragging myself out of bed and getting ready.

My 9 am class was a general requirement course: public speaking. It was one of the few classes I had with the guys, since everyone at Kings College had to take it. The boys and I were all taking drastically different majors: John wanted to be a vet, Alex was doing law school, Laf was undecided but leaning towards political science, Herc was majoring in fashion design, and I was on track to be a psychologist ( I just chose a random major, I'm sorry if you don't like it — it won't be too relevant to the story).

We had decided yesterday that I would meet up with John and Alex since their dorms were on the same level as mine, and then we would walk down, meet with Herc and Laf, and all walk to class together. Since John's dorm was the closest, he was my first stop.

I found room 315 and knocked on the door. I heard some rummaging around on the other side of the door before it swung open. To my surprise, the person standing there was the same guy that I had seen with Lee at the coffee shop yesterday. His brown eyes stared into mine, so I spoke up.

"Hi! I'm (Y/n). I'm waiting for John?" I stuck out a hand for him to shake.

"Samuel Seabury, but most people just call me Sam. Nice to meet you," he answered, taking my hand and smiling at me. I smiled back, and made a mental note of his name. I doubted I would be hanging around John's dorm much, but if he was Lee's friend it might be worth it to remember.

"I'LL BE RIGHT THERE," I heard John's voice yell from his room, accompanied by more things banging around. What John was trying to do I had no idea, but it sounded like everything in his room was crashing to the ground. After a while, John emerged and pushed past Sam to get out the door.

"Later, Seabury," he said, and he started walking away. I flashed Sam one last smile before following him down the hallway.

"Sam seems nice," I said, wondering what was up with John. He seemed a little preoccupied, but I didn't know why.

"Mhm? Oh, yeah, he's okay," John replied. He looked at me and pulled a sly smile. "I'm pretty sure he's friends with your new boy toy." I only rolled my eyes, and we continued walking to room 302 to meet up with Alex.

As we approached, we could hear some yelling, so John very hesitantly knocked. The yelling somehow got even louder, and it took quite some time for the door to open. When it finally did, John and I were met with a very red-faced Alexander. I managed to get a glimpse of a head of poofy black hair wearing a magenta muscle tee stalking away, before Alex slammed the door shut and took off. John and I briefly exchanged stunned looks, and then we jogged to catch up with him.

"Your roommate is Thomas Jefferson??" I questioned with disbelief. If Alex was stuck living with him, this was going to be a long year.

"I told you he was the devil," Alex snapped back, still seething with anger. The rest of the walk was pretty silent, because none of us wanted to piss Alex off even more. Herc and Laf were confused at first, but once I quietly explained they just nodded sympathetically.

~

Luckily, by the time we got to class Alex was in a much better mood. We grabbed some seats in a corner of the room, and Alex and John immediately started messing around. I got out a notebook and some pencils, handing one to Laf before he even had the chance to ask me, which made him laugh. I was still digging around in my bag, when I heard footsteps come up and stop next to me.