Her left arm felt heavy, and she instinctively rubbed a spot to soothe the pain, but her face turned white as the sheets when realisation struck her.

She was naked. She raked her hands inside the sheets frantically.

She was stark naked.

She shouted his name “Sidharthhhhhh” letting out a blood curdling scream.

What had happened? She remembered the sharp sting, and Sunny’s smiling face, before tumbling into a vortex of darkness.

Had he raped her? No, her body would have known even if it would have been touched, let alone being fucked.

She cried out loud calling his name over and over, but there was no response.

The entire house seemed to have been enveloped into a graveyard silence.

Wiping her tearing eyes, she hurriedly gathered her clothes strewn around and put them on.

She went out looking for Sidharth, and saw him sitting right across her. She ran to him, sobbing profusely.

“Sidharthhhh” she hugged him, but he just sat there staring at a blank spot on the ceiling.

She could feel him seething in anger. She looked up at his red eyes, blazing with anger.

“sidharth, kya hua hai bol na?” she asked, haplessly.

After a long pause, he spoke.

“Yeh sab kabse chal raha hai? Shaadi mein tu usse pehli baar mili thi na? ya pehlese jaanti thi usse? He asked coldly.

She couldn’t understand his tone. He wasn’t even looking at her.

“Sidharth, meri taraf dekh” her voice was choked. She tried pulling his face towards her but he got up swiftly as if he detested her touch.

Facing his back towards her “Mera naam mat le” he bellowed.

The anger he had painfully contained inside him till now was bursting out with every word.

“Sidharth meri baat sun, kuch confusion hua hai, main batau tujhe kal raat ko kya hua?” she went up to face him, trying to explain him. But he turned away again,

“Kya mast ullu banaya tune aur tere uss Sunny ne. Toh fr mere saath yeh pyaar ka natak kyu kiya?"

" Kya mila tujhe? Paise ke liye kiya yeh sab? But woh to tujhe tera sunny bhi de sakta tha? Bade baap ki aulaad hai na. Fir mere sath kyu kiya yeh sab? Kya kami reh gayi thi mere pyaar mein? Why did you cheat on me? Why?” He shouted in a hoarse voice, filling every crevice of the house with his hate.  

Shehnaaz felt like she had been slapped a million times over.

Her face was red with all the crying, her head hurt, god every particle in her body felt hurt.

“Tu kya bol raha hai sidharth?” she cried out, again standing in front of him.

“aye, yeh rone dhone ka natak na kahi aur jaa ke kar, the curtains are down over here now. Stop this drama of yours.” He spat out his anger, facing her, infact looking into her eyes directly.

“I don’t believe you Shehnaaz, itna bholapan, itna pyaar, itni acchai…aur itni acchi acting?” he clapped slowly, applauding her performance.

“Tu yeh sab social work ka drama band kar aur acting shuru kar, bohot naam kamayegi” he vented out

“Tujhe sharam nahi aayi uske saath sote hue? Mere saath toh badi sati Savitri ban rahi thi tu? All that blushing and shying away” he held her shoulders in a painful grip, shooting a piercing gaze at her.

She folded her hands in desperation “sidharth please shaant hoja puttu,  jaisa tu samajh raha hai waisa kuch nahi hua hai, meri baat toh” she spoke but only to be interrupted by him

“Mujhe tere jaisi ghatiya ladki se naa koi explaination chahiye, aur nahi koi relation” he hissed subjecting his wrath on a porcelain flower vase, which now lied shattered into pieces on the floor.

“Just get the fuck out of my life and out of my house u bitch” his guttery tone, surprised him even.

Just until yesterday, he would have broken the jaws of the person who spoke this about her.

But today, her naked reality was peeking its ugly head from the charming persona she had created.

Probably so that he falls into her trap.

He hated her.

He hated himself for loving her, for making her his whole life.

He hated this whole fucking universe at this moment.

“sidharth please tujhe meri kasam hai, ek baar meri baat sun le” She looked at him for permission to speak, but when he didn’t, she continued “sidharth kal jab hum lawn mein baith ke baatein kar rahe the, toh mujhe mere shoulder pe kuch chubha, maine mud ke dekha toh sunny mere piche khada tha, uske baad mujhe kuch bhi yaad nahi, Mujhe lagta hai, mujhe behosh kiya unhone” she said, trying hard to recollect last nights events.

But he laughed on her face.

“Baby, writer main hu, aur tu kahaniya likh rahi hai? Aur kitna jhooth bolegi? Bass kar ab, tera khel khatam ho gaya.” He spoke nonchalantly trying hard not to show his pain to her, so that she can derive any pleasure out of it.

“Tere yeh khoobsurti ke piche jo gandh thi na sab bahar nikal gayi abhi” he bunched her cheeks in his fist, trying his best to hurt her, but failed.

He hated himself more now.

Even at this moment he couldn't be harsh with her.

He let go of her instantaneously, standing away from her.

Shehnaz had had enough now.

She charged at him and shoved him harshly to face him “Kya pyaar pyaar kar raha hai? Yeh tera pyaar hai? Jismein ek percent bhi trust nahi hai?” she shouted back, glaring angrily at him “main tujhe bata rahi hu ki jaisa tu soch raha hai waisa kuch nahi hua hai, agar koi meri body ko touch karega toh mujhe pata nahi chalega? Yeh sab jhoot hai Sidharth” she whined helplessly now.

“Shehnaaz” he stomped near her angrily, and bunched her hair in his fist.

____________________________________________

Hope u guys are less likely to hate me today. Posting back to back chapters. Read on the next too to see how the story unfolds.

Love n luck to all

Sidnaazkidiwani