Elise, soon started taking courses from one of the fine universities of fashion designing. It was her first year into the university when she had met Derick, her best friend. Elise could have sworn she had never come across a boy as funny and quirky as Derick. He was easy going, hilarious and with his chocolate brown eyes and dark hair, a complete charmer. He was her only rock in those depressing months where she had spent nights weeping for her past lover. Was he even a lover, in the first place? 'You're hurting yourself Elly Belly, he's probably out there having fun with his bitch of a girlfriend and you're drowning yourself in sorrow..c'mon cheer up buttercup', that's what Derick used to say. He was the best friend one could ask for. But he didn't understand what it was like to walk around with a shattered heart and broken soul. Elise did.

Cole Sprouse as Derick

Like peanut butter and jelly, Elise and Derick complimented each other. His friendly chuckles filled the void in her life. He really did cheer up his buttercup. But there was much more to this friendship. Their mutual admiration for the course they had taken up was one of the many things which made them alike. When they talked about silk threads, a ball of yarn, shimmery buttons and French lace, words seemed to pour from their mouth, effortlessly. They could go on for hours, suggesting corrections for each other's sketches and skimming through magazines for new ideas. Both strongly admired each other's creativity.

Strongly driven by their passion to accomplish great things, Elise and Derick decided to make a risky investment, their very own designing Company. They dropped out mid semester of their very first year in university and were set out to establish their own names in the fashion industry. To one, it may be an impulsive decision but to Elise, this was the first step towards believing in herself. Derick's father had many connections in the industry which proved out to be very beneficial for them. Money wasn't an issue here, Elise knew the very moment she asked Damien for the colossal amount that she would be investing it in something fruitful. She had originally planned to set up a small business of restaurants and hotels but with her lack of experience and zero connections, it was sure to end up in ruins. She knew nothing of the business world , nor was she interested in drowning herself in numbers and paperwork. But with her plan with Derick, she was confident. In her little time spent with her best friend, he was able to cheer her up. She was confident and sure of her capabilities.

William Anderson, Derick's father was an extremely successful and wealthy man. With the help of his connections Elise and Derick received rigorous training and useful advices before stepping into the designing industry. Elise had carefully invested the money borrowed from Damien into her shared business, with the promise to return him every little penny that constituted the huge amount.

Days turned to months and months to years, the sales were rising, passionate candidates seeked employment at their place, collaborations with other known companies and invitations to Vancouver fashion week, the things that Elise once dreamt of were now a part of the reality. And it wasn't as easy as it sounds, they had their misfortunes and depressing times when regret for their impulsive decisions was what clouded Elise's and Derick's thoughts. The times when they'd walk around the city, handing people pamplets and begging them to give their products a try. The times where there wasn't enough money to pay the few employs. In the three and a half years of establishment, the Company began to gain recognition only in the past year, they still weren't the best or the biggest in the country, far from that according to Elise but it wouldn't be long before they'd be talked about in every other street of Vancouver. Their work was extremely fine and appreciated by the customers. After years, Elise could say that she was proud of herself. If a heartbreak was what it took to establish her self worth then there wasn't a single ounce of regret left in Elise'e heart for her relationship with Damien.