Chapter 7

Y'all it's been so long so here, have an update.

C'est La Vie - Weathers

Bucky and Steve were not done talking about the past but they decided to call it a night. Steve wanted to be with Tony and Bucky wanted some time to think to himself.

Now here he sits on a couch in front of the television that he didn't bother to turn on. He just stared at the black screen letting his mind scatter all over the place.Thinking about the fact that Steve and Tony had been dating now for almost 2 years. And honestly, he couldn't be happier for the both of them.

Steve was happy. He loved Tony. They loved each other. The way Steve puts his arms around Tony's waist showing that the man was his, Bucky thought he'd never see the possessive side of Steve, but here they are, in the 20th century and Steve's happy, and so is Bucky.

The only thing that disappointed him was that he wasn't there to witness Steve being nervous whenever Tony would be in the room before they started dating.

Or when Tony would enter the room and Steve would stare at him until someone snapped him out of his daydreams about Tony

Or when Steve would need the little push that he needed to ask Tony a date. He'd be all nervous and Bucky would tease him about it. Then Steve would want to back out at the last minute but then Bucky would step in and drag Steve by the ear to Tony's doorsteps.

He let his thoughts wander around more before he was interrupted.

"The tv's not gonna open on its own you know."

Tearing his eyes from the blank television, he turned his head and saw Natasha leaning on the wall of the hallway with her arms crossed.

"Natasha?" Bucky said and stood up from his seat. He knew he'd see Natasha again and he thought he was ready.

Well, clearly he wasn't. He stood there, not moving. Natasha looked into his eyes. She never really thought about Bucky that much ever since the red room and when they found him, but now that he was here, in the flesh, she missed him.

She wanted to touch him, hug him, brush her fingers through his hair.

Look into his eyes and admire him.

Natasha approached him and sat on the couch. She patted the space where Bucky had been sitting. He sat and continued to stare at her.

"So..." She started. "I see you're okay now."

Bucky snapped out of his daze and looked down. He smiled. Was he really okay?

"Well, not really but I'm getting there." Bucky looked up to see Natasha's green eyes still looking at him. He missed her. "I missed you." Bucky's eyes widened when he realized he had said that aloud. "I...I'm sorry. I didn't mean to--"

"I missed you too James." Natasha was smiling at him. She was smiling at him! Bucky could feel his heart beat faster because of her smile. He remembered helping her train in the red room. He remembered people telling them that they shouldn't get involved with each other.

They ignored them. They ignored everyone who told them not to get attached to each other. They didn't care. And then they're friendship stopped. The head of the winter soldier program and red room academy had discovered about their little friendship and had immediately put a stop to it.

"James?" Natasha cocked her head to the side.

"Uhh... yeah?" Bucky said and cleared his throat. He was still staring at her. He missed this so much.

"I was asking why you're still up." Was it that late? Bucky looked at the clock above the television. It was twelve thirty already?

He turned his attention back to Natasha. "I could ask you the same thing."

"I asked first." She raised an eyebrow and he rolled his eyes.

"I was thinking about things I missed." He smiled. He was mainly thinking about Steve. He is his best friend after all. "And you."

"I was thinking about you." He added. Emphasizing the fact that he was thinking about her. That even after a very long time, she was still in his head.

"Oh..." Natasha didn't know what else to say back to him. He was thinking about her? What was she supposed to say?

Bucky stood up from his seat and took a deep breath in. What the hell was he thinking? "I'm gonna go now... uh... try to sleep."

He wanted to run.

----------
Yeah, yeah. I know. No Steve and Tony for this chapter but I really wanted to introduce this thing between Nat and Bucky. Might go for BuckyNat but I'm not too sure yet.

This story will mainly focus on Stony but there will be side relationships. But still mostly Stony :)