Chapter 2

Steve was greeted by a sleeping Tony Stark on the couch when he arrived in the living room. As usual, he was going for his morning jog like everyday. He admires Tony's face for a moment before he noticed that the billionaire was shivering.

Steve heads towards the cabinet filled with pillows and blankets that were used for movie nights and grabs a blanket. He removes Tony's shoes, gentle enough to not wake him up. He then drapes the blanket on Tony's shivering form and asks Jarvis to turn up the heat a little.

The Captain sat beside the billionaire and brushed his finger's through Tony's brown locks. "Overworking yourself again." He sighed, shaking his head. He kept his hand on Tony's hair, light enough that it didn't wake the sleeping man.

After a few minutes, Steve got up and proceeded with his morning jog.

Tony wakes up and Jarvis' voice floods in the room

"Good morning Sir, it's 7 am. The weather in Manhattan is 74 degrees..." Tony ignores the rest of what his A.I. is saying and takes in his surroundings.

It took him a while to remember why he was sleeping on the couch and notice that he had a blanket over him, that he definitely didn't get himself.

Huh. That's... weird.

Maybe it was Bruce?

Tony stretched his aching back and got up, folding the blanket and placing it again on the couch.

He brushed his hair back with his hand. Walking towards the kitchen to get coffee.

The door opened, revealing Steve with a water bottle in hand.

"Good morning Tony" Steve greeted.

Tony hummed in response not really acknowledging Steve's presence in the kitchen with him

"Tony?" Steve had his back to Tony

Tony hummed as he continued to sip his coffee.

"Are you free tomorrow night? Maybe around seven?" Steve grabbed the eggs from the fridge and cracked them into the pan.

"I think so. Why?" Tony took another sip from his drink.

"Can I take you to Dinner?" Steve sat in front of tony. The only thing that was going on Steve's brain was how cute and tiny he looked with his messy bed hair.

"Is Captain America asking me out on a date?" Tony smirked at him and Steve sighed.

"No." When those words came out of Steve's mouth, the emotion of Tony's eyes changed from hopeful to hurt. He was starting to feel bad when Tony bowed his head.

"But Steve Rogers does want to take Tony Stark out on a date." He added. Now, it was Steve's turn to smirk. But he was still nervous as hell. Tony squinted his eyes at the super soldier and huffed out a laugh. 

Was that a good laugh or a bad laugh? Steve couldn't tell.

Silence filled the kitchen and the only thing that can be heard was the egg being fried. Steve wasn't even worried about burning the eggs because Jarvis would turn it off for him once it's ready.

Steve was starting to regret his decision of asking Tony out. Maybe this was a bad idea? He didn't know. And he hated that feeling. Feeling so unsure of something, regretting doing what he did, he just hated it so much. He took his time trying to muster up the courage to speak again.

"Are you going to give me an answer or not? Has Tony Stark forgotten how to speak?" Steve teased, trying to lighten the mood a bit.

Tony rolled his eyes and finally gave the answer the soldier has been waiting for. "Yeah. Sure. Why not?"

Tony took a final gulp of coffee and stood up from his seat, putting the cup in the sink. He sends a wink to Steve before turning to leave the kitchen.

"I'll see you at 7 at the living room tomorrow then, Mr. Rogers."

"Oh and Tony?"

"Yeah?"

"Wear something casual."

Tony looked at him with a smile on his face that made Steve feel butterflies in  his stomach . And for the first time in years, Steve was falling in love again.