ONE.

IRA POV

IRA POV

••••

I rolled my shoulders as I got up from the uncomfortable ass bed that I was now forced to sleep in. It wasn't as bad as the bed at Shady Oaks though thats shit was beyond terrible. Hell you could barely get any sleep in that hell hole but after the first six months that I was there a nigga learned how to adjust. ADJUST. That word, that action. It was something that I had to do more frequently after the incident. Adjust to your parents no longer being here. Adjust to feeling alone. Adjust to not showing emotion, because emotions were basically taboo in black homes. Adjust to your extended family thinking you were now a broken doll so now you gotta go live in a crazy house. Ever since they let me out I was staying with my Aunt Jasmine and Uncle Marcus, they was basically walking on egg shells around me and it was really starting to blow the fuck outta me. The only person who kept it real was their son, Shawn, he was that one cousin that was like a brother and he still is even after not seeing him for a couple years.

I let out a loud groan as I walked out the room and down the stairs to the main floor of their house, you could smell food being cooked 9 times outta 10 by Shawn who I spent most of my day with since his parents worked all day. I walked in the kitchen and leaned against the counter watching him make scrambled eggs.

"You want some?"

"Yea, still not use to home cooked food. That shit they was giving us was nasty as fuck." I said laughing a little. He laughed to as he was putting eggs and a few pieces of bacon on two plates.

"Here nigga, now gone." I grabbed the plate and walked to the living room and sat on the couch, not to long after Shawn came walking in and sat next to me.

"You talked to yo homies yet? Since you got back?"

"Naw." I shook my head slighty, pushing the food around. "Auntie Jas said show was gone get in contact wit' Taina for me, but its don't feel right nomo, these people don't know me. They probably moved on wit' they lives."

He nodded as he finished the rest of his food and set his place down on the coffee table, he handed me a phone that had instagram pulled up, it looked completely different than it did back when I was 16.  On the screen was a familiar face, the face of my gorgeous darkskin bestfriend Taina. Her face had matured a lot but she still looked good.

"She still fine as hell." I laughed loudly as I scrolled through her pictures.

"Hell yea I see her around a lot, that body banging." I rolled my eyes at his comment before I clicked on a video of her singing the lyrics to whatever song she was listening to. Another thing I missed out on, music, a lot of shit I had heard on the radio during my boring days being locked up but that was only the mainstream stuff, hella different music had been released. Like where did Meg Thee Stallion come from cause her music is a bop forreal and she fine as hell.

"What about Dion? What that nigga be on?"

"Shit ion even know, last time I heard he was living up north wit' dem white folks." Dion was my other homie besides Taina, we had been cool since elementary. After they threw me in that hell hole I lost touch wit everybody and it wasn't they fault it was mine, they sent letters hell these motherfuckers sent boxes of shit that remained unopened for 2 years. They was still closed sitting in the closet upstairs. I had distanced myself from the outside world, at that time I felt like I wasn't even alive anymore it felt like my soul, my spirt died with my parents. I wanted to open they letters after I was released but I knew I would feel guilty that I had cut off the only family that I had left. We was family and I completely abandoned them.

"That nigga probably still running the streets." I looked back down at the screen of the phone and handed it back to shawn, "Pull his shit up." He nodded went to searching till he handed me back the phone. I scrolled through his photos, which wasn't a lot and sighed, if me and Dion wasn't homies I woulda honestly tried to fuck wit him but he really wasn't my type and he was kind of a slut so that really cancelled out any chance he had wit my sexy chocolate self. I handed Shawn his phone for the second time and stood up grabbing the dishes and walked them to the kitchen, putting them in the sink.

"Ayee my homie Jeremih finna slide if you wanna hang with us." He said as I walked out the kitchen boutta head back up the stairs.

"Aw um yea lemme go hop in the shower and shit." He nodded as I walked back up to the room where I was staying. I grabbed some sweats and a pair of boxers and walked into the bathroom starting the shower before hopping in. I scrubbed my body as my mind got lost in the never ending thoughts. After a while I honestly started thinkin' i was crazy too, I mean shit if everybody else thought I was nuts maybe I was. I did almost kill myself a few times after the incident, but thats another story for another day. A story I refused to talk about for years, the one story that the fucking therapist at the nut house pushed me to talk about but shit it would be a cold day in hell before I spoke about that.

The knocking at the bathroom door knocked me out my thoughts and made me jump causing me to slip and fall. I opened my eyes as I starred up at the shower head that was still pouring water out of it.

"Ira you cool nigga?"

"Yea I just fucking fell. SHIT!" I yelled as I got up off the floor my body was stinging.

"Im cool." I said as I shut the water off and wrapped my body in a towel drying off.

"Ight. Jeremih here so once you done come down we finna play COD!"

"Ight." I muttered loud enough so he could hear as I started oiling my body up. I slid my boxers on and starred at my reflection in the mirror, the light scar around my neck that had never went away was barely noticeable after 2 years but most people knew it was there, Shawn, his parents, Taina, Dion. They all knew it was there, sometimes when I starred at it I got sick and wanted to throw up, but I would always just push away those annoying ass thoughts.

I put my sweats on and grabbed all my stuff and walked out the bathroom and back into my room putting all the stuff on my bed before I walked back out and went downstairs. Both Shawn and his homie Jeremih had they back turned to me concentrating on the game, I was familiar wit COD but I didn't know about this new one they was playing, Modern Warefare, or whatever the fuck Shawn had told me the first time I asked him about it.

"This that Modern Warefare shit?" Shawn completely ignored me, of course. I rolled my eyes as I was about the walk around the couch a pair of blue eyes turned and looked at me, "Yea this shit cold as hell." He said as he game me a little smirk. I walked around and sat at the furthest end of the couch, I turned my head to the TV but I was looking at him through the corner of my eyes, he was bitting his bottom lip as he focused on the game, he had a nice dark blue slick durag on, he wasn't really dressed up just had some basic clothes on but shit he looked good.

"Whats yo name lil homie?" I turned my attention to him as he set the controller down and picked his phone up looking down at something but back up to me, "Ira." He nodded and licked his lips before smiling, "Jeremih." I smiled and nodded before turning my attention back to the TV, I could feel his eyes watching me but I ignored it. I use to hang wit Shawn every weekend when before I got locked up and he definitely wasn't one of Shawn homies that I met, I woulda remembered that. I woulda remembered him. I woulda remembered those eyes.
_________________
Okay yall! My first chapter of this story! I hope yall liked it fr! Thanks for all the support on my page I love yall so much!

-Ash 💜🦋