FOUR.

IRA POV••••

IRA POV
••••

Today was just like any other day, I woke up, ate breakfast with Shawn, and went about whatever little business I had. I was laying in the bedroom looking at the ceiling when I heard the familiar text notification on my phone, I reached under my pillow and pulled the phone out.

654-333-5555: Wassup lil homie 🙃

I looked down at the screen trying to see if I recognized the number, lil homie, that sounded familiar, but it couldn't be who I thought it was.

Me: Who dis?

I exited the text thread and went back to the main screen where all my text where and I saw the one person who I just wanted to talk to at the moment, my bestfriend, I need her right now. I clicked on her thread and up came all our old messages, photos, gifs, everything.

Me: Taina?

I sent the message and not even three seconds later she was calling my phone.

"Hello."

"RaRa?"

"Tai? Its me."

"What the fuck Ra! MIA for two years no letters no calls. I know you were hurting I know that but what about me, what about Dion? We we hurting too." I stayed quiet for a while not knowing what to say, how to express that I was beyond sorry.

"Tai. I - umm, it was for the best you know, distancing myself from you guys, I wasn't myself during those times." I sighed as I held my head down, this is what I feared I didn't want to hurt her.

"Look Ra were on our way I know your staying with Auntie Jas."

"Okay." I was about to hang up but she stopped me, "Ra I still love you, nothing can change that."

"I love you too Tai, you and Dion." After I said my goodbyes I set the phone back down and started starring at the wall, I was thinking about all the shit I had missed out on while I was locked in the nut house, I couldn't even imagine what had happened while I was away and I was honestly excited to hear what they were gonna tell me.

Ding.

I looked down at the phone and the same unknown number had texted me again.

654-333-5555: Jeremih. Shawn homie, he gave me yo # 😉

I looked at the phone, I was confused because I had no clue why this nigga Shawn gave one of his homies my number, but I was even more confused on why one of Shawn homies wanted my number, this was definitely some weird shit.

Me: Aww um wassup?

654-333-5555: Shit I just wanna get to know ya

Me: Why???

Yea definitely weird as hell. The knocking at the front door knocked my out my thoughts, I threw the phone down on the bed and ran down the stairs and yanked the door open almost ripping it out the wall. I didn't even get to say anything before I was tackled into a hug causing all three of us to fall down on the floor.

"RaRa we missed you so much." Tai said as both of them let me go and we sat on the floor in front of the door. I smiled at them studying there features thats hadn't changed that much over the years. Taina wore longer weave, lashes, and her eyebrows looked immaculate. Dion had his hair styled different it made his face look more mature, and he had tattoos that made him look even finer than when we were younger.

"I missed you guys too especially Dion." I teased at Taina. She rolled her eyes and slapped me upside the head and I knew that was for more than the comment i made, she was pissed at me.

"I missed you too nigga, hanging with Tai everyday was hell, if i gotta hear about another makeup product at Sephora we gone have to fight."

"Man fuck you Di! They sold out of my Fenty shade the day before my birthday."

"Same shit different story." Taina stuck her middle finger at Dion and looked back at me before she raised up her eyebrow, "How long you been back?"

I stayed quiet and looked down at the floor, she grabbed my face and pulled it towards her, "hmm?"

"3 months." I mumbled, causing her to jump up and Dion just starred at me.

"RAAA!"

"Im sorry y'all. I was just scared."

"What you mean scared Ira?" Dion was pissed now and that was a rare thing.

"I was just sitting in a cuckoo house for two year while y'all was here, I was getting doped up on drugs, eating jail food, man yall know what I went through before I left." I stood up and went and sat on the couch they followed me.

"Who the fuck wanna be around the depressed suicidal ass nigga."

"Man Ra if you think that low of us as friends why we even cool?" Taina stood up and looked like she wanted to cry. I stayed quiet and just looked down at my hands.

"Come on Tai let's just go." Dion grabbed her arm and pulled her to the door, "Hit us up when you realize what type of friends we are." They walked out the door closing it behind them, I starred at the door waiting for them to walk back in so we could hang out like old times but that never happened. I had basically ruined my friendship, so now I was even more lonely than when I got sent away. I wanted to cry but I couldn't, show no emotion, they same words I told myself every morning I woke up in that place, I was basically I walking robot those two years.

Lifting myself off the couch I walked back upstairs and shut the door, laying on the bed, the phone laying next to me. I touched the screen and I saw that Jeremih had texted me back.

654-333-5555: Maybe im tryna fwu 🥴 treat you right

That was a joke, I wasn't worth of a love I wasn't worth of being treated right.

Me: 😂 yea right

654-333-5555: Im dead ass Ira, lets link fr, lemme show u a good time

I smiled down at the text and rolled my eyes, a guy wanted to take me out, a fine one at that.

Me: Ight when?

654-333-5555: Toma @ 7:30 😉

I put the phone down and rolled over in the bed, A smile playing on my face this was my first ever date, and my mind started to race with a million different thoughts, something that I was use too. But I pushed them back into my mind and closed my eyes, the thought of losing Taina and Dion still playing in my mind but I wouldn't dwell on it I would find a way to make things right.

______________________
-Ash💜🦋