21) Meri Behna? It is happening

Start from the beginning

Dabbu mama was trying to talk to the policemen, so was my Inder daada to start with the proceedings without me going to the station but in vain. Manav, the guy who felt like a nobody to me, was standing with his eyebrows furrowed, talking to Janvi about what could be done.

And my sister?

She was close to unleashing all hell within her and trying to be calm. When I gave her a small smile, she shook her head, really angry with what was happening.

Inder dadaji and Virat Pa walked towards me after talking to the police, 'I wish I could help, but I stopped practicing law years back.'

'But you don't worry, we'll follow the van to the station, we'll get a lawyer soon,'

Understanding how helpless they were, I put my handcuffed hands on my Paa's, 'I think we all know whom to call.'

And with that the van rushed forward, taking me away from my huge, disjoint and distant family. Somehow, they didn't feel distant today.

And of course, away from my only family, my sister.

While the scene faded, I held onto the pendant on my braclet. Knowing very well what was going to happen, I took a deep breath.

Now was the entry of Viren Singh Vadhera.

_

Everything else happened very quickly that night. I wasn't locked up because come on, I was a Vadhera. Also, immediately on cue I had informed my office and thankfully, few of the heads had rushed towards my aid. On the other hand, I was interrogated but I knew best than speak anything without my lawyer. After reaching there, within the next fifteen minutes, Janvi and the others had arrived.

With her was my Paa, Inder Daddu, Shlok chachu and Dabbu mama. Veer was at home to take charge of the house so none of the ladies or Samar would burst out crying.

My company head heard my tale and then projected theirs to the police, where the latter were almost covinced. I wasn't involved in any of the racket, I didn't even smoke, forget doing drugs.

I mean, yea, I did them before but not anymore.

Basically the police would have left me but they would've taken three to four hours extra than compared to what they did when my lawyer arrived.

Viren Singh Vadhera was absolutely furious with a lot of people when he entered the police station.

Firstly, with the police who without evidence other than believing on the fake confession of a drug dealer had arrested an innocent person and his daughter, precisely.

Second, with my company colleagues and HODs who hadn't properly induced and informed the police about their intervention on this case for their business.

Lastly, on me, because I had without consulting any of my family members had gottten a serious case to work on.

I frankly didn't care.

The ride back home at midnight was awkward and tense. Everyone in the car were either very tired or really uncomfortable by my father's silent demeanor as he drove home. I was tired to be honest, because I hadn't done anything and had to be in the police station like a criminal.

All I really wanted now was a hot chocolate and a good sleep.

Janvi who sat next to me, caressed my hair while I let my head rest on her shoulder. She was more happier to see me than my father.

Priorities.

The moment I entered my house every single one of them invaded my personal space and hugged me, with tears and whatnot. Veer was one of them, and strangely he did look like he missed me. While everyone took turn to make sure I was okay, the Vadheras marvelled on my father's arrival here to Chaudhary Nivas.