Moss and Brimstone

Start from the beginning

"Seems odd." I whispered back.

"Not odd, we think they have what they wanted- plus your sisters." Oora looked at me, then jerked her head to the tower. "Let's keep them from getting at least your sisters." She added in a hushed whisper as the guard in the tower collapsed and dangled out of the stone window way he was previously standing in. The warrior wiped his blade off again and climbed down to the edge of the roof top. Just the two guards at the doorway. Oora and Jungkook exchanged a look, both nodding and moving swiftly in the grass. I kept up behind them, watching them as they approached the guards. The warrior jumped down between them, but as the two guards registered that there was someone standing there- Jungkook and Oora struck them hard and fast. I watched on in amazement for a moment until I realized we really needed to hurry. I followed Oora in, Jungkook right behind me, leaving the warrior to dispose of the rebel guard's bodies.

"This way... down here." Oora whispered as she hooked a right and down a flight of stone steps. It was a spiral staircase that seemed to descend into darkness. But as we hurried down we could hear the voices, faint voices.

"Get her down, she's a stubborn one and I don't have my tools with me." The voice was speaking so nonchalantly that it made me wonder what kind of twisted person we were about to face.

"What about the other one? Brutus, fetch her for the Lord." Another voice sounded. Chains rattled and suddenly a sharp scream came out. I knew that scream- it was Amethyst. I tensed, Jungkook wrapped his arms around me as we slowed for a moment. Oora noticed and she slowed down too, I drew in slow breaths to calm myself. Jungkook's embrace was helping for sure, and soon I was ready to continue. I nodded to Oora and we continued down the stairs until we could see the corridor leading to the cells. It was dark, but lit up enough to see the two men with their backs to us. Inside the cell a rebel guard was laying a very bloodied Citrine down onto the floor. She was breathing heavily, marks all along her naked form.
A large man was manhandling Amethyst who was just as naked as Citrine but her skin was free of cuts and bruises.. and blood. He hooked the cuffs that were holding her wrists together up and wrapped the hanging chains around the cuffs before latching them up tightly. He released her, letting her hang there by her arms. Ames was in tears, clearly feeling pain and so much anger and hate raged at my two friends – one who was badly hurt and the other who was about to be. I ground my teeth together and with tears in my eyes I leapt passed Oora and charged down the hall, aiming for the man on the right. My blade firmly in my hand I let out a roar that I didn't know I had within me. And with that I thrusted my blade into the man who was partly to blame for doing this to them

"DIE!"

I was filled with hate.. but it subsided as my dragon's voice reached me.

Calm.. we must be calm and quick. There's a man to your left and he will throw a punch so duck... NOW!

Like clockwork the man beside me threw his large firm fist right at my face, but thanks to the heavy words in my mind I dropped myself down to a crouching position and-

Sweep his legs! Our Mate will handle him!

I did as the voice advised, I thrusted my leg out and swept his legs hard and fast but he was more solid than I thought. He lost his balance for a moment but his eyes focused on me and a creepy smirk graced his rough face.

"Get out here!" The man called and the cell doors opened. Down the hall came Oora and Jungkook, both charging as I wiped off my blade and took a stab at the large man who was definitely going to be harder to take down. The Rebel Guard came at me as Oora tangled with the man I tried to sweep off his feet. Jungkook was pulling the attention of the large Brute of a man which left me to the rebel guard. He was quick, but I was quicker.
From the side, more voices- More trouble. I grappled with the Guard only to be thrown down, once on my feet again I charged at him as the warrior who was with us made his way into the space. I could hear Oora and Jungkook's voices, their grunts as they attacked. I wished I could have seen- to make sure they were okay and doing well, but my attention was on this jerk who was now snarling at me as he pushed me back against the bars of the cell.