5. The Majestic 12 and the gala

"Just because you are strong enough to handle pain, then it doesn't mean that you deserve it"

---

Luther was laying in his bed as he grunt softly "Luther?" Vanya asked as she was holding a towel "Allison?" Luther asked weakly and he began opening his eyes, but he saw Vanya instead.

"Sorry to disappoint" Vanya said with a smile "Here. For your face" she said as she handed him a towel.

"Do you need a pillow or...an...an aspirin?" she asked "Wait, uh...why are you here, Vanya?" he asked "You're my brother. I mean, apparently" she said and chuckled "Five found you" Luther said "Yeah, him, Maddie and Freddy. They're downstairs waiting with the car. Said you'd be better off alone" Vanya said and Luther groaning softly as he sat up.

"Yeah. He's an asshole" she said "Such an asshole" she said and sat down next to him "Right?" he said "Right" she said and they both chuckled.

"How much did they tell you?" he asked "Um. Well, they filled in some gaps. Uh nine children, a talking chimpanzee...a very warm and cuddly father. An apocalypse" she said "They told you about that, huh?" he asked "Well, not all of it. Because I think there's something they left out. About me" she said "Huh" he said "What caused the apocalypse?" she asked "You did" he answered and she looked down "But not alone. Maddie was a part of it when she tried to stop you. I was part of it. I mean, we all were" he said "How?" she asked "Uh, you got angry, lost control, and you...blew up the moon. It slammed into Earth, wiping out everything" he said.

"Why would I do that?" she asked, her voice trembles a bit "It's complicated. Look...you had kind of a bad childhood" he said.

But then the door was slammed open and Jack Ruby walked into the room.

"Why the hell did you throw that fight?" he asked angry "Jack" Luther said and got up "Answer me!" Jack shouted "Sorry...I had a bad night" Luther answered "Bad night, you son of a bitch? You could take that chump's head off in your sleep!" Jack shouted before he grabbed Luther's shirt and pressed him against the wall "I owe a lot of money right now. Luther, to people that can make things very hard on me!" he shouted "Leave him alone!" Vanya said "Shut up and mind your business!" Jack shouted at her.

"Jack, look...I'm sorry. All right? I'm gonna make it up to you, I promise. Okay?" Luther said "I treated you...like a son" Jack said "Jack, come on" Luther said "No. You and me...we're done" Jack said and let go of him "Jack, please" Luther said but Jack just turned around before leaving. 

"Luther?" Vanya asked "Would you, uh...just get out, please?" he asked "Well, I don't mind staying, and I have some more questions" Vanya said.

But Luther let out a shout before he punched the bricked wall, making a small hole.