2. Reunion

"Knowing others is intelligence, knowing yourself is wisdom"

---

Luther walked away but Five got up and he walked up in front of him before stopping, causing Luther to stop too.

"The hell is wrong with you, Luther?" Five asked as he pulled him a little bit to the side "I just told you the world's gonna end in ten days" he said "Yeah, well, you're always saying that" Luther said and was about to walk away but Five grabbed him again "And so far, I've been right" he said "Look, you want to go save the world? Knock yourself out. All right? I already got a job" Luther said "Wait, you work in this shithole?" Five asked "Yeah. Well, my boss owns the place. I'm his body man" Luther said "What's that? Like a masseuse or something?" Five asked "Okay, you can make fun all you want, but I take good care of Mr. Ruby" Luther said "Wait, Ruby. The Jack Ruby, the gangster who shot Oswald?" Five asked "Yeah, the one and only" Luther said and looked over at Jack Ruby.

"Well, it finally happened" Five said causing Luther to look back at him "That gorilla DNA has taken over your mind" he said "Hey, watch it, all right? Jack's a good friend" Luther said "And you're Number One. Número Uno. Remember?" Five asked "There is no Number One" Luther said and Five furrowed his brows "Not anymore. Not in 1963. Look, I've been stranded here alone for a year. What did you expect?" Luther asked "I get it, all right?  You watched Pogo die, the world exploded and I marooned your big dumb ass in time. I'm sorry, okay?" Five said and sighed "But I'm asking for your help, Luther. The Umbrella Academy needs you" he said "It doesn't need me. It never did" Luther said.

Then a waitress walked over to them "Luther, honey, Jack's about to lose it on some half-wit. A little help" she said "Ah, shit" Luther said and was about to walk away "Luther, wait" Five said, going after him and Luther turned around "Listen" he said angry "You're the genius who said we should jump. Right? You're the one who got us stuck here"  Luther said as Five looked at him and you could see the sadness in his eyes. 

It was like he felt that it was his fault that his family was stuck here

"And you're the one who brought Vanya. So if there is a doomsday coming, she's probably the cause. Her or Maddie. And if I was gonna do something about it, it sure as hell is not gonna be with you" Luther said before walking away.