1. Right back where we started

"Only life is priceless. Make each day count"

 Make each day count"

---

Maddie: "So, once upon a time there were a bunch of superpowered babies all born on the same day. Eight of these lucky little weirdos got adopted by genius millionaire who has really into umbrellas and uniforms"

Five: "He called us the Umbrella Academy. He also called us by numbers instead of actual names"

Diego: "Oh yeah, father of the year"

Freddy: "Except me. I came into the family at the age of nine. Lost my memories about my life before and was called Custos"

Maddie: "We were a world-famous superhero family for a while, until one by one, we all grew apart and then fell apart. I suppose"

Five: "Except me, though. I got stuck in the future. Post apocalyptic future, I might add"

Luther: "And I was stuck on the moon, okay, I didn't fall apart"

Freddy: "Yeah, that's debatable"

Klaus: "Hey, rehab is not falling apart. It's admitting that you have a problem"

Ben: "Problems. That should be plural"

Maddie: "Then dad died so we all came back for the funeral"

Allison: "Yeah, I don't know if I'd call that a funeral"

Five: "And I managed to jump back in time with 8 days to spare before the end of the world"

Maddie: "And I'm more than happy you return and came back to me, cause I have missed you"

Five: "I happy too, Maddie. Cause I have missed you too, more than you know"

Freddy: "Then we realize, spoiler alert. Sweet shy Vanya had major powers"

Diego: "Plot twist"

Vanya: "You guys are never gonna let me live this down"

Five: "Long story short we really tried to stop the apocalypse"

Maddie: "But it was not as easy as it may sounds"

Freddy: "And it didn't go quite as we have planned"

Maddie: "So now we are here"

Klaus: "Wait, where are we?"

---

On April the 1st, 2019, the Earth was destroyed in a cataclysmic event. Billions of people were wiped out in a matter of minutes. Ironically, the eight survivors of the apocalypse were the very siblings who brought it on.