The Search.

(Cole)

Brielle was gone! It was Jay!!!!! Wait.. no... it wasn't. Breathe in, breathe out. Okay. "Well, we have to find her!"

"Then let's go!" Jay said.

So we got in our vehicles and went off.

"Wait, wouldn't it be easier to search on foot?" Kai called from his motorcycle.

"I'll take you to the spot where she crashed!" Jay replied. "It'll be easier to start searching from there!"

"That is true..." Zane said.

"Alright!" Kai shouted back.

I was silent. Finally, we got to the spot. I saw the burnt grass and the imprint of the plane. There was a patch of green grass... where Brielle probably was. So if she was here... they must have abducted her around it... hey! What was that? There was a clump of brown stuff about a yard away. I went over to it and picked it up. It looked like... hair? "Guys, look at this!" I said.

"What is that?" Jay asked.

"Looks like a tuft of hair..." Kai said.

"It's Tarantulai hair. My scanners recognize it as such," Zane explained, "I can put it in my geographical positioning system and track the Acrachneion, and we could find where Brielle is..."

"What are you waiting for then???" I asked.

Zane put it in his thing and then started walking. We followed him in silence. "This way..." Zane said every once in a while, making sharp turns or taking strange paths. We soon came to a stop.

"What is it, Zane?" Kai questioned.

"I can't get a connection here.. strangely..."  Zane muttered.

"Hey, what's that?" Kai asked, pointing to something glinting on the grass.

It was... a silver locket. With a heart shaped charm.

That was Brielle's.

"Hey, this is Brielle's!" I exclaimed.

"We must be getting close, then," Jay said.

I picked up the necklace, the metal glistening in the sunlight. I opened it. Inside was a picture of a woman that looked a bit like Brielle, but with different eyes. On the other side was a man with dark hair and blue eyes, Like Brielle's. These must be her parents. I put it in my pocket. But before I did, I realized something. There was a piece of paper on the ground.

"What's that?" Jay said.

Zane picked it up. "This looks like... Brielle's handwriting.... it says, "Follow the tracks," he said.

"The spider tracks," Kai realized. He pointed to a trail of strange footprints.

"Right," Zane said, "Follow me," and he kept on going forward.

~

Some time later, we arrived at a cave with spider marking carved into the side.

"I guess this is it," I said.

And we entered the dwelling of the spiders.