The Saviors

(Jay)

We sat in darkness.

"What the heck? Where are we?" Kai called from the shadows.

"From the sounds of it, it seems as if we are in a room underneath the one that Cole, Brielle, and Arachne are in," Zane explained somewhere.

"Alright,  now that we know where we are," I started, "We need to find out how to get out of here!"

I looked around, squinting to attempt to see anything through the inky blackness. Very faintly, I could see the dark silhouette of Kai, who was in his chair next to me, and Zane, whom was on my other side.

"Could someone unleash their full potential or something so we can see?" I suggested.

"Why can't you do it?" called Kai.

I sighed, closing my eyes. Come on... how to unlock my potential... think Jay, think! Remember... ah. Focusing all of my energy, the lightning inside of me, on coming out. I pictured myself glowing, crackling with electricity. When I opened my eyes, my body was glowing with blue lightning, emanating from my skin. The rest of the room was now visible. It was a small, dank cave with nothing but rocks in it. Kai, Zane, and I were still chained up in our chairs.

In the corner of my eye, I saw Kai light up in flames- igniting his true potential's powers. The chains binding him to  the chair slowly melted, and so did Kai's captivity. He jumped up, punching the air and still softly glowing orange.

"Kai, could you unlock our chains too?" I asked, putting my sparks down a little so he wouldn't get electrocuted. 

"Oh, yeah, haha, sure," He said, walking over to Zane first, and then freeing me.

"Where are the exits?" Zane wondered aloud.

"I dunno, Zane, you're the one with the internal GPS!" Kai spat.

"Oh, that's right, I do have a geographical positioning system installed in my database..." Zane paused, "Yes, the exit is this way," he motioned for us to follow him.

 We did so, coming to a stop, facing a limestone wall. 

"Uh, Zane... there's no door here..." I pointed out.

"Oh, the door is on the ceiling," Zane smiled, pointing to a splintered old trap door on the top of the cavern. A moldy frayed rope hung down from the rusted knob on the trap door, just out of our reach.

"Maybe we could climb on top of each other?" Kai thought aloud.

"That could work..." I noted.

So, we ended up with Zane on the bottom, hefting Kai up by his feet, whom was holding my feet up. I could just grab the ancient rope with my fingertips. I yanked it, and we came toppling to the damp ground. A ladder had sprung down that led up to the room above.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Zane exclaimed, "Let's go!"

(Brielle)

Arachne smiled her demonic grin that now gives me nightmares. Her fangs glinted.

"Ah... young love saves the day once again," she cackled. "NOT!" she laughed maniacally, cranking the chains even further, lowering Cole closer and closer to the pit. 

Wind swirled around me, getting stronger as I began to levitate off of the ground. I raised  my fans, ready to throw them. Cole still was struggling to break his chains. I flew over to him, causing the chains to break with a massive gust of wind, and snatching him up before he fell to his death.

Setting Cole on the ground, I returned to the floor, still posed to fight. Cole whipped his scythe out of nowhere, in a fighting stance.

Arachne chuckled. "You two think that you can seriously defeat ME?!" she shrieked. "Oh, humor me, please!"

I raised an eyebrow at her as she reached into her dress and pulled out that vial filled with the blue liquid from the cauldron. She stepped towards us. When she got close enough, out of nowhere, I flung a fan at her, the blades lodging in her side.

Arachne cried out and hurled the vial at Cole. Before I could react, it hit him in the head, causing it to break. The gases made him pass out, but, strangely, they didn't affect me. I grit my teeth. "What did you do to him?"

"Oh, he'll only be out for a short while," the Spider Queen smiled. "Now, to deal with you."

"No!" I cried, throwing my other fan at her. It stuck just above the other one. She screamed, pulling the two weapons out of her body and pouncing on me, pinning me to the hard stone floor with four of her arms. Her other arms each held a fan. Arachne's ruby red eyes bore into mine.

"Now, to finish what we started," she hissed, tracing a fan blade along my cheek lightly. "How shall I end you? Poison? Burning? Blades?"

"Arachne-"

I was cut off by a hand at my throat. "Suffocation?" Arachne added onto her gruesome list.

My wind pipe was blocked, my breaths were faint and ragged. The Spider Queen put a fan blade on my neck, pressing down. She cut into my skin, drawing blood. 

"Perhaps I'll get rid of you with your own weapon..." Arachne cooed, "Oh, the irony!" she laughed.

Arachne took her hand off of my neck. "Arachne, please.. I thought you wanted my element?"

She seemed to snap out of a sort of trance. "That's right," she sneered, picking me up in a way that I couldn't escape.

The Arachneion threw me onto the metal table and chained me on. She ran over to a sort of machine thing with a tube attached to it. She came back with a knife and the tube. With the knife, Arachne slit open my shirt by my stomach.

"Now," she explained, "This machine is designed to suck the energy right out of you!" Arachne held up the tube, "I'm going to put this into your energy core, which all elementals have near their stomachs."

"How do you know this?" I questioned, my nerves slowly taking over. I was going to die, wasn't I.

"Well, my child," the spider ran her knife blade down the side of my face, but not hard enough to draw blood, "I was an elemental once, too, you know. From a time long before Ninjago. I had the best master on the planet. She taught me everything. I was her best student. But then I was cursed after beating one of the great creators of the universe in a contest. I was cursed to be a spider for the rest of  my life. And I swore that I would get my revenge on all of the ninja who came after me, to sustain my appearance as the best... but enough about me!" she exclaimed. "Now, the focus is on you."

Arachne raised her knife, and began cutting into my stomach. I screeched in pain as she traced a circle where she would begin carving deeper. My screams echoed around the cavern. I thought I was done for when all of a sudden, a trap door on the floor burst open, and out sprang Jay, Zane, and Kai.

I was saved.