Chapter 33

I wake up, comfortable and warm. Something moves my bangs off of my forehead before trailing through my hair. Then repeats. I open my eyes slowly, getting them used to the small amount of sunlight that fills the room, creeping inside from under the shades on the back door. I reach up and grab what ever is running through my hair. I bring it in front of my eyes to see it clearly. Fingers. I turn around to see Xander smiling down on me. His hand props up his chin as he watches me. "Morning baby." I hold his warm fingers to my cheek. I can feel his slow heartbeat pulsating. "Morning. Did you stay all night?" He sits up, yawning. "Yes. You fell asleep around one this morning. I didn't want to wake you up and I was too lazy to go home." He puts his arms behind his head, stretching them. I play with his fingers randomly, still sleepy. He lifts my wrist and kisses the inside of it before getting up. He grabs his white t-shirt off of the floor.

"What time is it?" I ask as he heads into the kitchen, putting his shirt on. He calls back, "Six-forty five." I pull the covers back over my head. "Its too early in the morning to be even thinking of getting up." I mutter. I drag my legs to the side of the couch and sit up, rubbing my eyes. I slowly walk into the kitchen yawning. Xander looks over at me from where he's looking through the cabinets and smiles. "Want anything particular for breakfast beautiful?" I look down at myself. I'm dressed in fluffy pajama pants covered with polka dots and an old surfing shirt that is twice my size. My hair is a mess as it is every morning, I have no make-up on, and I feel clumsy because I'm still trying to wake up completely. I grumble, not feeling satisfied with my appearance, "I'm not beautiful right now." Xander smiles at me like he always does. So much happiness, joy, content, satisfaction, thankfulness even, in his smile. "You are beautiful all day. Even right now. I love when you look like you do now. Because it shows your natural wonderful beauty." I can feel a blush coming on. I'm still not used to his compliments though he gives them all the time.

He starts mixing ingredients together. I lean against the counter. "What are you making?" I ask. "Pancakes." Comes the ready reply. My stomach growls. "Good. Cause I'm really really hungry. I'm going to go get ready while you fix my breakfast." I say as I leave the kitchen, my toes wanting the warmth of the living room carpet over the icy kitchen tiles.

Once I'm in my room I slip on jeans, a yellow shirt with ruffles and a pair of yellow heels. I'm careful to be quiet in order not to wake Sharon. I take a couple minutes to fiddle with my short hair before deciding to just leave it down. I tiptoe out of the room, closing the door behind me. The house smells of bacon frying, onions and mushrooms sautéing and... something burning. I rush into the kitchen to see Xander quickly pouring water on a pile of smoke. The pancakes. He picks up the pan, turning around to toss them into the sink, and sees me. His face drops. "Baby, I'm sorry. I, um, burned your breakfast." His cheeks slowly turn red. I find it incredibly adorable.

I look at him, at the pan of blackened bread in his left hand, at the empty glass in his other hand. I slowly start to smile before laughing. I double over, clutching my stomach as my laughs grow louder and louder. Xander cautiously smiles a little. I stand up, trying to stop my laughter. "Its haha okay Xand-bwhaha. It happens ahahaha!!" He puts the pan down. "You're not mad?" I shake my head, my new round of giggles stopping me from forming the words. I take several breaths, finally being able to gain control over myself. I walk over to the stove and grab a cooked piece of bacon from the plate next to it. I stand in front of Xander and crunch down on the piece. "I'm good with this." I say with a smile.

After breakfast, he drops me off at the CCB studios. "I'll pick you up around one this afternoon unless you text me. Text me if you're going to be later."

"What if I call you?" I ask mischievously. He smiles but I can't read the emotion in his eyes because they're hidden behind his square shades. "Then maybe I won't answer." He answers, equally mischievous. He rolls up his window with a parting, "I love you." I form my hands into a heart to show him before I head inside.