3

Chapter 3

The Mystery

*Geronimo's Pov*

When I bumped up into a sexy submissive wolf I was intrigued. After my mate died I thought no one would be able to replace him. One look at the wolf and I knew that he was the type of person that could help me, help me move on.

Not that I haven't moved on, it's been 3 years but I still needed a person to love. Someone who could replace the hole in my heart.

With that in mind, you could easily figure out that the second time I bumped into him was on purpose.

I, of course, didn't expect him to fall on his butt and to break his eggs but I don't control destiny.

"We would really stop meeting like this," I told him.

He didn't answer me, if anything he looked angry at me.

I looked down to see where he was glaring at and I saw that all his things were all over the place, oops.

"Oh, um I can help." He looked like he was about to say something snarky but bit his lip instead, he seemed to do that a lot.

I got on my knees and began helping him pick up the food. Once I saw the eggs I saw why he was so pissed. "Sorry about that, if you want I can buy you more, I know it's my fault."

He nodded his head, "So um do you have a mate?"

I mentally scowled at myself, what in the world am I doing asking someone I barely know if they have a mate.

"Y-yeah," he said so softly that if I didn't have werewolf ears I wouldn't hear it.

"Oh? What's his name?" Of course, he had a mate. Who wouldn't want this cute wolf? His mate was definitely a lucky person.

"G-Greg"

I frowned at that, there were rumors going around that Greg hit his mate. There wasn't any real evidence against him but everyone had their suspicions.

"It's getting kinda late if you want I can bring the eggs by your house later"

His eyes widened as he looked at his watch, I saw something like fear crawl on his face. "Yes, yes thank you"

He picked up his bags and began running in the direction of his house.

I contacted my beta, Aadya. I asked her if she could tell me where Greg lived. She quickly found his address while I got the eggs.

Once I got there I saw that the house they live in was terrible, I don't know how they live in this horrible place.

I rang the doorbell, I heard some shuffling then someone talking and then finally Greg opened the door. He looked angry but once he saw that it was me he smiled, it was a fake smile one that said; I-hate-that-you're-here-but-you're-my-alpha-so-I'll-be-nice. "What can I do for you today, Alpha?"

"Um, do you live alone?" I asked him, I wanted to know if the cute wolf lived here or not.

"Uh, no me and my mate live here, his name is West. He told me that he ran into you today, hope he didn't cause you any trouble?"

"No, he didn't, I'm the one that ran into him and I broke his eggs. I came by to drop them off. Where is he by the way?"

"He's uh sleeping, he had a busy day today." He said with a suggestive grin that made my stomach tie in knots.

I handed him the carton of eggs, "Come in" he told me, I walked inside, it was so much worse than the outside and that was saying something.

He slammed the eggs down on the counter, I watched with wide eyes as one started oozing out yellow and white liquid. "sometimes I don't even know my own strength,"

"I was so angry when West came smelling like another wolf, he smelled like you and that made me so mad!" West smelled like me? The thought made me proud somehow, it made my wolf howl in delight for the first time in years. "I think you know what I mean when I say, I don't want you around my mate. I'm sure you would feel the same if Dame came home smelling like another male."

How dare he tell me what to do! I was way more furious that he brought up my dead mate. I wanted to tear his head off but then I would have to go to the werewolf court and I knew that I didn't have a valid reason to kill him. Instead, I walked away from that disgusting house.

I knew that I wouldn't stay away from West, no matter how much Greg whined.