REVELATIONS

A long dark night turned into a beautiful dazzling morning, but he didn't feel this change. The annoying rattling of beetles turned into melodious chirping of birds and loud hollerings of morning hawkers, but he couldn't listen to anything. Just laying quietly on his side, he had dwelled over almost every kind of situation that Naina could explain in reply to his worries, but nothing could satisfy him. Very impatiently and restlessly, he looked at her once again, but unknown to all the turmoils of his heart, she was sleeping peacefully. Her face had the calming peace, her lips had a soothing smile but nothing seemed alluring to him this time. He was very restlessly waiting for her to open her eyes.

That night was long for him but seemed it was not the same for her. She slept late fighting her craving, then got up midnight for satisfying that crave and now sleeping peacefully but taking all his peace with just some words.

Once again he looked her restlessly and once again his eyes returned back disappointed. Though it seemed nothing serious in those few words of her and he too tried logically, tried to calm himself, tried to console himself but for some unknown unseen reason, his heart was trembling badly every time he recalled those words. He had convinced himself that there was no reason to worry about but still wanted to hear these words from her just once.

"Please Naina... Uth jao... Ab toh...", helplessly he muttered but caressed her hairs softly.

Like a sharp gleam of sun flickering from the thick clouds, she stirred and her eyelashes quivered. With a sigh, he hastily reached to her and about to ask it as a first of the morning, but she smiled and mumbled a good morning. The calm on her face, sweet smile on rosy pink lips, and serene peace in eyes; he felt his courage failing him. He didn't want to argue or anything that could disturb her but hugged her tightly.

Naina took a back on his tight grip. Since when he got to know about her pregnancy, he was extremely soft on her, and now suddenly this grasp. She immediately hold him, rubbed his back, and asked, "kya hua hai Sameer... Sab... Sab thik hai naa..."

"Meri chhodo... Tum btao... Tum... Tum thik ho na... Naina, tum... Tum mujhse kuch chhupa to nhi rahi... Tum thik ho naa... Sab thik hai naa... Hamara baby... Naina...", he restlessly asked.

Naina jerked on his sudden anxiety and looked him deeply. She softly cupped her palms over his cheeks and asked, "kya hua hai Sameer... Mai toh thik hu bilkul.. dekho... Lekin tum itna disturb q ho... Koi bura sapna dekha kya..."

"Nhi sapna nhi... Wo tumne... Tumne raat ko kha naa ki mai bhut acha papa banunga aur mummy bhi... Mummy q Naina... Q kha tumne aisa... Bolo... Q bola...", he was now more perturbed as his angel touched him, but that soothing calmness couldn't calm him and this grew his anxiety more.

"Shhhh... Shant ho jao Sameer... baat suno meri...", she softly tried to calm him.

"Nhi... Pehle tum bolo ki tum thik ho... Bolo ki sab thik hai... Bolo ki kuch galat nhi ho rha...",he insisted like a stubborn baby.

"Kuch galat nhi hai Sameer... Sab kuch bilkul waisa hi hai jaisa har subah hota hai... Dekho to... Dekho to...",she took a moment to reply and thought something before replying.

As she said that everything was fine, he was fine now. He left her, heaved some deep breaths and said kissing her forehead,"sab thik hi rakhna.... "

Naina nodded with a soft smile and got up to freshen up and Sameer got up and left to bring nuts and special glucose water for her.
He smiled, infact smiling all way peacefully thinking that everything was fine. His Naina was healthy and his nutty too. But in haste, did he miss something... Did naina reply his questions honestly... Or did she actually reply his questions at all...