Mood Swings

Twittering of birds, quivering of leaves, walking, talking and every movement of everyone around, even the breathing air seemed paused for some moments. His heart jumped between the ribcage and then became all silent, as if forget to pump air in lungs. Naina too hold his hand with her shivering and sweaty damp hands. And all this was because the doctor took a breathing pause for some microseconds, but the wait was breathtakingly painful. Somehow gathering his courage he asked stammering to the doctor,"kya hua hai doctor.. sab... Sab thik hai naa... Naina aur..."

"Areyy Mr. Maheshwari.... Don't worry... Sab thik hai...",sensing his nervousness doctor immediately replied assuring him and continued,"bas abhi foetus I mean baby ki position ko lekar kuch doubt hai mujhe..."

"Kya doubt doctor...",he asked instantly.

"Dekhiye Mr Maheshwari, frankly abhi mai surety ke saath kuch nhi kh sakti... Kuch tests aur scanning ke baad hi kuch bhi kha ja sakta hai... Aur..", doctor tried to assure him again.

"To kya problem hai doctor... Aap kijiye naa tests...",he interrupted now worried as hell.

"Please Mr Maheshwari.. let me complete...", Doctor sighed and said,"abhi pregnancy ko sirf 6 weeks huye hai, and ye test aur scanning 7th week ke baad hi ki jaa sakti hai..."she again took a pause and said this time to Naina,"Naina, I recommend ki is pure week tum complete bedrest pr raho... Complete matlab complete... No exertion, no stress... ",She purposely stressed the last words.

"Don't worry doctor, I will take care of her... Naina koi kaam nhi karegi...", Sameer said before Naina could.

"I am sure Mr Maheshwari, and don't worry, she is fine... Bas ek week ki baat hai...", doctor smiled and assured him again. He nodded with a smile though a tensed one but with strong determination too.

Naina was a little shaky. Till now she was feeling very strong and healthy but suddenly felt a weakness taking over. Thought doctor didn't tell about any major complication, but still she felt it like a comma in the way of their happiness. She didn't know when doctor patted her hands and assured her. She didn't know when sameer helped her to stood up and walk. She didn't know how she walked towards their car. Her trance broken only when after make her sit in the car, sameer was about to take driving seat and suddenly he said,"ohh shit... Medicine lena to bhul hi gya... Tum baitho mai abhi lekar aaya..." And with her nod he walked inside hurriedly.

Naina looked at his back. Slowly moved her hands and kept on her belly. Since when she came to know about her pregnancy, she done this numerous times, tried to feel and soak the news in herself, and surprisingly everytime found a different emotion. She was lost in thoughts, when sameer came and started the car. She looked at him and knew that he never went for any medicine but went to the doctor again just to get an assurance for her well being. She knew him and knew that how much he was happy with the news, he was now worried more than that. She knew his vulnerabilities when it came to her and now it was one step ahead. "No, I can never fall weak... Sameer can't handle this alone... I am a would be mother and a mother can never fall weak... Mujhe khud ko sambhalna hoga.. apne liye, Sameer ke liye aur aane wale hamare sapne ke liye bhi...",she thought and felt determined more than ever. She softly smiled at this and let the single tear observed in her dupatta.

The car halted before Maheshwari mansion and sameer quickly came to hold her. She smiled and looked at his hand around her shoulders. His hands and supporting gesture that annoyed her in morning, suddenly filled with a contentment. But thinking something she said softly,"don't worry sameer, mai thik hu..."

"Janta hu mai kitni thik ho... Ab chalo chup chap... Aur aj se koi bhi exertion liye naa to... Bada surprise dena tha... Ho gya naa ab... Pehle nhi bta sakti thi...",he scolded her for being childish.