Running Out of Time ch.3

Running Out of Time Chapter 3

Ludwig couldn't help but feel mesmerized by this person. His accent sounded Italian, and his personality was just radiating with happiness. It wasn't something he experienced much of, but for some reason, it didn't feel different at all. When he was walking over to the young man to apologize for his overly excited dog, to feel as if everything had slowed down. Everything had faded and all he saw for a moment was this man, Feliciano's, face. The sun seemed to hit the other's amber eyes to make them look even brighter, his face taking on more of an innocent child-like kind. He just instantly felt more relaxed and at peace around him, and it was someone he had just met. He was surprised that the other was so happily just pulling him over to join him and his dog now.

"Do you only have one dog?" He then asks curiously. He had mentioned that he had two other dogs back home, but he wondered if the other had any others. He watched the smaller male throw the frisbee before his bright eyes met with his own blue ones. Then came that ever present little laugh, something that for whatever reason, sent his heart beating a little faster. He would be lying if he said he did 't keep staring at the other just a little longer than he should. Feliciano smiles at him and nods happily.

"Si, I have an Australian Terrier. His name is Lucio, and is basically like Valentino's little brother. I found the two, Valentino having been more hurt than Lucio, but really protective of him," he explains, as the larger dog in question ran up. This time, Aster had the frisbee in her maw, her tail wagging a mile a minute. She took it to her owner, sitting and waiting patiently for the German to throw it. Chuckling, Ludwig complies and takes the plastic disk. He then throws it, watching the two pets run after it. "And I also work part time in a dog training group, with some friends of mine. My brother actually just went to go train Precious." The blond nods in understanding, putting his hands in his pockets.

"I see... Do you all watch the same dogs, or are there specific people with each dog?" He then asks him, genuinely curious an very interested. He's always loved dogs, and has trained his own three dogs here. They were basically like his three kids, and he was proud of how well behaved and obedient they are. Even if Aster gets a little overly excited.

"Oh, it just depends on the dog's owner. If they prefer one person over the other, like Precious's owner prefers Lovino to train her if he can, and if he can't then me. Usually the dogs get acquainted to one dog trainer in particular, and grows closer to them. Like the first few days, they stay with one person and if they are busy then someone else trains them," Feliciano explains as the dogs come running over again. He takes the frisbee once more and throws it, laughing as they run off once more. That laugh was still having the same effect on him, and that smile kept making the normally more uptight male want to smile and loosen up. No one else has ever been able to do that.

"That's interesting. Do you train them only for obedience or for tricks too?" Ludwig asks him, the Italian seeming to know that that question would come up. The copper haired one shrugs a bit at it, actually.

"Depends on what the dog owner wants. If they are participating in dog shows, we'll be sure to get their dogs ready for it, but if not, we train for obedience. We still train them to do little tricks, "shake", "lie down", "roll over", all of those, of course," he replies to Ludwig. It was then that he saw the other man'a face change to a look of wonder. "You know... Would you like to be a dog trainer?" The question caught the German off guard, making him blink in surprise. They had just met, and basically this man was asking him to join an organization for dog training. He certainly loved dogs, and if this was one way to get closer to this new person that had such a strange effect on him... How could he refuse? Especially when Feliciano looked like a small child.

"Well, I certainly have no problem in doing so. Do you work full time?" He then asks him. If so, would that mean he would see the Italian every day at the same times? However, he saw the other shake his head with a smile. By then, the dogs had come back. The smaller male kneels down and starts to ruffle Valentino's fur, before kissing the top of his head.

"Good boy... And no, I don't work full time. As much as I love dogs and love training them, I'm a chef in a fairly famous restaurant. I have normally one or two days off, since I'm letting one chef have more hours, since he has a pretty large family. I just want to be sure he has enough money for them, you know?" He explains with that characteristic soft smile. /He's very considerate... Not a lot of people like him left in the world, so pure and kind,/ he thought to himself. Ludwig then nods, smiling faintly at him.

"Ja, I do know. That's very... kind. Not many people would do that," he points out to him, which earned him a shrug and laugh from Feliciano.

"Well, I was just thinking logically. He had himself, his wife, his three kids, and his mother-in-law living with him, and in my house is only my brother, my dogs, and myself. If I'm helping the other family, even just a little, I feel good about it, knowing I've made a good change for them," he went on. He then looks up at the blond once more, as he stood up. "So, can I tell the Krista, the one who runs the organization, that we'll have a new recruit?"

Ludwig smiles some and then goes a nod. "Ja, you can tell her I'll join. Meet me here same time tomorrow and you can introduce me."