Oh Cameron

Cameron's POV

"Why are you so stiff?" I asked looking at Lauren. She was at the other end of the couch her back straight like a wall and her hands gripping her knees. I noticed she would fidget from time to time then glance at me "You look like you committed murder" I joked eating a fist full of popcorn

Ever since my talk between Brook High Academy four days ago nobody and I mean NOBODY left me alone. Teachers always patted me on the back, classmates who I never met before brag that they were my friends and girls kept following me around. Don't get me wrong, I'm used to these kinds of things in fact this happens to me everyday.

But for some reason It's much worse than the usual. One time I was changing clothes from the boy's locker room after swimming class and found a small video camera in my bathroom cubicle. Or that other time when one girl baked cookies for me.

First I thought it was really cool then when I ate it there were balls of hair inside the cookies. And when I read the card it said "So I can be inside you forever...." I don't know, but girls are getting desperate and creepier every minute.

Then... There's her

Lauren Greenly, when I first met her she was nothing more than a 'meh' to me. Honsetly, I've seen prettier dogs than her. I didn't even know why guys drooled over her. I could understand that she was hot as hell. Her legs were long and slender, her ass that well.... Let's just say took me self-control not to slap and then there's her perfect double d's.

She really did look like a goddess moreover when she's smiling but I wasn't really interested. But when we did the photo shoot thing together that's when I knew I was attracted to her. I began taking interest in her and soon realized that she was actually responsible, caring and a god damn over achiever.

From then on, I started feeling weird things on my chest. I didn't mind it at first but it got to the point where I can't even sleep at night without thinking of her. I don't find interest in other girls anymore and I made it a priority to see Lauren even just once a day. It weirded me out, And I was in need of help so... I went with the first solution that popped up in my brain and that was to go to my psychiatrist.

~ flashback ~

"So...Let me get this straight" Dr. Finnegan said tapping his pen on the folder "You can't sleep at night, you don't sleep with girls anymore and you get weird feelings whenever you're around this particular girl"

"Correct!" I nodded "So...do I have a heart problem or something? what do you think is the problem?"

"I think the problem here is that you're just stupid" Dr. Finnegan scowled "Tell me Cameron, what is your opinion in love?"

I rolled my eyes "Love is just an electric malfunction in the human body's neural circuit, it's all in the thinking"

Dr. Finnegan stared at me with pity in his eyes and shook his head "Cameron, what I'm trying to explain is that I think you love this girl"

"What? No no no, That can't be" I denied leaning back on the chair. I observed the wall filled with awards and laughed "Look Dr. Finnegan, the thing is I don't fall in love. Falling in love is for the weak and dependent. Plus, the girl is not my type. I prefer girls who are more shy and timid. And trust me she is so opposite that"

I waited for his reply as he took off his glasses and cleans it with his shirt. Man, the guy's getting old. I knew him ever since I was seven and he has been my psychologist since then.

"Cameron, love... love is something anyone can't expect" Dr. Finnegan said looking at me seriously "You can't answer the questions when, where, how it will happen. But we do know one thing about love and it's that when you're hit, you won't be able to control it"

I sighed out loud, this dude IS seriously old. Even now he can't think straight. I told him clearly I am not in love with her even if he asks me again and again. Ugh... I should probably change to a new psychiatrist if he goes on with this.

"Cameron, I know this type of emotion is new to you. You grew up without the presence of both parent and love was never shown to you. When I first met you, I was quite surprised you were only seven when your thinking and the way you speak was for a thirteen year old. You grew up quite fast. But now I'm glad to see you're actually acting like your own age" Dr. Finnegan set down the pen and file beside him and faced me "Enjoy your teenage life while you can. Make friends, Join fights, fall in love.... make stupid decisions because you need these experiences later in life to become wiser. To become a greater man"

...

Thinking about it now, Dr. Finnegan has been right all along. I finally admitted to myself that I do like her but there was only one problem: she hates me. I didn't even knew what I did wrong. So I just went with the flow and fought back at her.

I glanced at her, her pose was still the same the last 40 minutes ago. She didn't relax or let down her guard and kept staring at the television seriously. "You know what else you look like?" I said trying to lighten the mood "You look like you're going to poop"

That hit her, she looked at me annoyed and stood up. I thought she was going to say something back at me like the natural Lauren would but then she stormed off to our room leaving the surprised me on the couch alone.

Ughh... I lay down on the couch putting my hands on my face. This thing started four days ago when she started acting weird and avoided me at all cause. I thought she was going through issues then I caught her one night laughing with the guys and Penelope when I entered the apartment.

When she saw me her smiling face immediately wiped off of her face and was replaced by a murderous look. Then the same things happened repeatedly the following days. I would wake up with her already gone, watch tv with her sitting quietly on the far opposite side of the couch and enter our room at night with her already asleep.

Grr...this love thing is hard work. I don't even know how I could tell Lauren I like her if she keeps on hating on me. I sat back down on the couch and gazed at the hallway Lauren just passed through.

Something is bothering her.... and I will know what it is.