Meeting My Mother

"Lauren" someone whispered in my ear "Lauren, baby, wake up"

I moaned and wailed my hand for the noise to go away. I heard a loud slap skin touching my palm hard.

"Oww" someone yelped in pain. I opened my eyes to see Cameron rubbing his cheek a perfect red imprint of my hand blossoming on his face.

"Damn, do you slap people often?" he asked me still rubbing it "That really hurt, I'm not exaggerating"

"I'm sorry" I said trying hard not to laugh "Are you okay?"

"Ha ha ha" he laughed sarcastically and stood up from the ground and dusted the sand away from his shorts and polo "Get dressed, we're going somewhere"

I did him a once over and he was already dressed and bathed. I looked to my right and everyone was still there sleeping peacefully beside the beach. The sun hasn't even fully risen yet and Cameron wants to go somewhere?

"Where are we going?"

"No questions, just do" he commanded and gave his hand to raise me up "Now hurry up!"

I didn't know where he was planning on taking me but for some reason I'm kind of excited. It's making me curious and thrilled.

"Could you guys shut the fuck up!" Spencer shouted half-asleep "Some people are hungover here!"

I looked at Cameron and giggled. He smiled at me and insisted me on going inside the house to get ready. I pushed myself off the ground and followed his orders.

...

I ate first before going upstairs to bathe. Cameron asked Penelope and the boys to bring me my clothes and I was grateful for that. I have been wearing Cameron's shirts for the past days and it was nice but I miss wearing something of my own.

I picked out a white lacy sundress and cute ribbon lace up wedges. I went down the stairs where I found Cameron playing another sad song on the piano. He's been doing this recently and it's bothering me. Everytime I would ask him if he's okay he would just nod and smile.

"Let's go!" I said jumpy trying to lighten his mood

He stopped playing and turned to face me. He smiled looking at me.

"You look cute" he said

I blushed at his compliment as it sent flutters to my stomach.

"I know" I smiled confidently flipping my hair "I always am"

He stood up from the bench and approached me. He placed an arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to him. He kissed the top of my head and another wave of flutters went crazy inside me.

"Good" he looked down to me "Let's go"

We've been driving for awhile now and I'm not even sure if we're still in Manhattan anymore. I dozed off a couple times and kept on pestering Cameron on where we were going. He refused to say a word.

I woke up from my fifth nap as Cameron just pulled over in front of a house. I observed it and it looked like any other country house I've seen. The house wasn't really big like ours but it wasn't really small either; it was just really spacious. It had a beautiful planted garden of different flowers on the lawn and I'm assuming it had more at the back. The walls were red bricks covered with vines and the fences and windows were all white. The roof was black and cobblestones lined up from the porch to the driveway.

Where are we? This house looked occupied, are we visiting someone?

"Where are we?" I asked still looking at the house "Who's house is this?"