Poker

"Umm... do I call?" I murmured quietly

"No!" Mike and Gwen shouted in unison swinging their head back

"I give up!" I said dropping the cards on the table "You two have fun gambling, I'll just stay here"

"You sure you'll be fine?" Gwen asked putting a hand on my shoulder "I can stay here if you want"

I rolled my eyes I know she really wanted to go she's just acting like she doesn't.

"Just go" I said as she squealed in excitement and hugged me tightly "Make sure you doubled the money you gambled"

"Yeah alright" she said excitedly then dropped a red velvet bag in front of me "here if you ever want gamble, it's 300k worth of poker chips"

She turned her back to me before I could say anything more and dragged Mike along with her. I sipped my wine and sighed. Wow...it's spring break and I'm alone in a bar drinking and not having fun at all. I knew I should've gone to Hawaii this place sucks.

My mind wandered of to our apartment. I wonder what all of them are doing right now. Probably in the club already picking up chicks. Noah and Austin are definitely doing that right now. Huh, how about Cameron? I wonder if what Penelope said was true. Is Cameron not hooking up anymore? Psshh Yeah right... from the party I clearly saw him make out with another girl.

My mind filled with anger as I recalled everything. He makes out with other girl all the time and when I makeout with a guy he goes ballistic about it. I didn't even actually made out with Remi! we didn't even touch! Ughhh... I'm on a vacation for God's sake and I'm thinking about this!

"One more red wine" I yelled to the bartender "and a tequila shot" I waited for my drink tapping my nails on the marble counter.

"Baby" I heard a guy say beside me "I'm at work, Yes I'm in the Telecommunications building, I'll call you back"

I observed him and he looked like he was in his mid 20s. Dark hair, tan skin and expensive tuxedo.He returned his phone back in his pocket and drank his wine. A girl probably my age suddenly hugged him from behind and kissed him on the neck.

"Hi, been waiting long?" the girl asked kissing his cheek "Your wife knows you're on a business trip, right?"

"Of course, she does" the guy said and began making out.

I drank my wine and gulped down the tequila. Poor wife... she's probably at home alone thinking that her husband is really working. But instead he's in Las Vegas making out with some other girl 5 years younger than her.

I stood up from the stool and placed a hundred dollars on the counter. This! I looked at the two still making out. This is the exact reason I don't believe in love. It happened to my grandparents, it happened to my parents and it'll probably also happen to me. It's just the way things go. People who are rich don't get a happy love life.

I grabbed the velvet bag full of chips and made my way to the casino. Better not waste this chips. I sat on one of the empty poker tables and waited for an opponent. I noticed the dealer was strikingly beautiful. Her long wavy blonde hair ran up to her middle. She wore a tuxedo which apparently is missing the trousers and a little top hat.

The couple at the bar awhile ago sat before me on the poker table. They were still lovey dovey kissing each other passionately. I rolled my eyes at them, Ughh... these types of relationships disgust me.

"Excuse me" the girl said looking at me "Did you just roll your eyes at us?"

"Nope" I said acting innocent

"No, I saw you" she said and unhooked her arms from the guy "Who gives you the right to roll your eyes at us?"

This girl is so annoying...

I put the velvet bag on the table and stared at her "You're right... I don't but his wife has"

The girl's eyes widened and the guy's eyes turned dark with anger "Look here you whore, that is none of your business"

I raised an eyebrow when my eyes suddenly saw the big emerald stone on the girl's neck. The girl noticed this and flipped her hair back to show it off.

"I know, right?" she said holding the stone in her hands "It's 12 karats, beautiful isn't it?"

"You're right" I said nodding my head "Well, since your natural beauty doesn't support you, you have to rely on something like that to gain attention. Oh, how troublesome"

The girl stood up angrily about to say something when the dealer spoke.

"Excuse me" the dealer interrupted "Are you alone miss?"

"Yes"

The girl laughed "Ohh Edward, the poor girl is single"

"I get it now" Edward faced me raising an eyebrow "You like me, do you? I don't sleep with whores"

What? I can't believe this... Is he implying I'm a prostitute?

"Look here" I said loudly "I am not who you think I am"

"Oh, I think I got it exactly correct" the girl said hugging her guy "You just jealous because I got a rich boyfriend and you don't so instead of-"

"Sorry I'm late" a familiar voice said behind me.

Oh God... Why... Why... Why...

I slowly turned to look behind me and saw Cameron in a dashing white suit. His hair was slicked and shiny and he looked like he could win any poker game. He was so handsome that girls behind him kept glancing. He sat down beside me and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Honey, sorry I'm late" he said surprising me "Las Vegas traffic, you know"

I glanced at the couple before me and the girl's mouth was literally open. Edward on the other hand was gripping a poker chip so hard it might crack.

I heard 'Feeling Good by Michael Bublé' boomed through the speakers and my heart pounded faster with every word.

"I... I didn't know you were coming to Las Vegas" I said looking down on my long shiny silver dress. Why is he here? Is he mocking me?

"Well I didn't know you were coming to Las Vegas either until two hours ago" he whispered quietly "You're in trouble, You know that?"

What is he saying? I'm in trouble?

"So" he said looking at the couple who were now speechless then to the dealer "Let's start?"