How Many Years

The receptionist texted me the address and I realized instantly it was near Austin's apartment. She said Mr. Warren had to attend to another meeting so I was expected there at 7pm. I looked at my watch and it's only 5. Hmm... maybe I should spend time at Austin's place and wait till 7.

There wasn't any traffic in Manhattan today so I turned my car around and headed for Austin's apartment. I got my phone out of my bag and called Eleanor. Since they've started living in the apartment together they told everyone of us to call before coming over. Cause, you know... you never know what you might walk into them doing.

"Hello?" Eleanor answered her voice breathless

"Hey, Elle I'm on the way to your apartment"

"What?!" she screamed "No, don't go!"

"What are you talking about?" I said grabbing my bag and getting off of my car "I'm already here"

"No! uhh... it's dirty!" she said "I haven't cleaned the apartment yet!"

She's lying... Eleanor is a clean freak. She likes everything in order and symmetrical. That's why she's perfect with Austin who's always dirty. I walked into the elevator and pressed the top most button.

"You're lying" I said "What's up?"

"Nothing! Nothing!" she's panicking now "It's just please don't go I'm begging you"

"If you two are doing it in the kitchen right now" I made a disgusting sound and tried to erase the picture out of my head "Ugh, nevermind I don't even want to think about it"

"Lauren, listen to me"

The elevator dinged and I stepped outside looking at the same door I have gone through multiple times already. I loved it here in Austin's apartment. It's just sad to know that we all had to move out someday. I got my own place and Penelope and Spencer got their own. But I sometimes sleep at the room where Cameron and I used to sleep whenever I feel lonely in my apartment.

I approached the only door on the floor and took out my keys. Turning the knob it opened easily and Austin's apartment looked just the same.

"Wait. Where are you?" she asked and I could hear her apologetic voice

"Home?" I dropped my black Hermes on the ground and kicked off my Valentino heels.

"At Austin's?" she rushed out.

I laughed at her "Look, you need to relax. I think you're overreacting about how dirty this place is. The only misplaced thing I see in here is Austin's coat jacket on the couch"

I walked to my room and opened it the cold air blowing to me. Wait. There's something wrong... Why is the lights open? The yellowish dim lights draped across the space and combined with the night skyline outside made the place look actually nicely.

"Look, just to tell you this wasn't our fault. We have nothing to do with this. It just happened, alright?"

"What the hell is going on? Spit it out!" I shouted closing the door and entering inside.

"Cameron is back in our apartment!" she cried out her breath heaving.

But she was too late.
I'm already paralyzed unable to move.

I felt a huge weight drop inside of me as I stood there, locking eyes with his beautiful grey eyes staring at me. Eleanor's warning just came a tad late.

Cameron.

"Lauren, are you there?" Eleanor yelled, but I couldn't hear her clearly.

I tightened my fist at my sides and glued my teeth together so hard my jaw ached. He stood beside the bed, looking at me but his whole body faced sidewards, every muscle in his naked arms and torso was steel-rod tight as he crossed his arms and held me with a hard stare.