and i knew i was getting closer.

i couldn't explain how - but i needed to get back to shore.

quickly, i stopped and fell in the ocean.

using air bending (oh air bending how i missed you) i propelled myself near to the shore.

and once i was close enough, i swam normally to the beach so as not to attract any unwanted attention.

i ran behind a rock and air bended the water off my clothes.

i needed to leave quickly.

luckily, i still had enough energy to run across the land - and hopefully get to my friends.

---

and an hour later id arrived the gauge they'd been at only hours before.

'SOKKA?! AANG?! KATARA?! TOPH?!'

i jogged long the canyon, screaming their names.

until i heard a faint echo.

'y/n?'

i sprinted towards it.

'Y/N' it called.

it was sokka.

i ran as fast as i could at him even though i was tired and he did the same.

i jumped up and landed in his arms.

but he toppled over and we fell to the floor, laughing even though we were covered in dust.

'i missed you so much!' he smiled, hugging me again

'Y/N!' screamed aang just as i stood back up.

he sprinted into me and i picked him up above my head.

he pulled away, his grin completely gone.

'where are your tattoos'

i looked down.

they were still gone.

'i hoped they'd come back when i saw you. guess i was wrong' i replied, pulling up my sleeve to check my arms.

still nothing.

'they'll be back soon' smiled katara, side hugging me, 'tattoos can't go far, right?'

i nodded and giggled, 'they'll be back soon'

and if they weren't, i dont know what id do.

---

we travelled to a forest and made a campfire,

'suddenly, they heard something down the hall, in the dark. oooooh... it came into the torchlight. and they knew the blade of wing-fun was haunted! AHH-AH'

he pulled out his sword and stood infront of the fire.

i rolled my eyes sarcastically and waved my arms around - making fun of him, 'oh no!!! not the haunted sword!!!'

sokka smirked and sat back down next to me, side hugging me.

hed been a lot sweeter since id returned, and i definitely couldn't put a number on the amount of times he'd hugged me on the way there.

'i think i liked "the man with a sword for a hand" better.' aang smiled

'water tribe slumber parties must stink.' said toph

katara waved her arms, defending herself, 'no, wait, i've got one, and this is a true southern water tribe story.'

'is this one of those "a friend of my cousin knew some guy that this happened to" stories?' asked sokka