Chapter 10 - The B word

*Draco pov*
I'd wandered off to find some cake when I noticed the absence of Harry. Those bottle-green dress robes should have stuck out like a sore thumb, but they were new here to be found. I wandered around the perimeter of the church with my cake, looking for Harry. Then I heard voices. Horribly familiar voices.

"You're the reason the Dark Lord is dead."

My stomach gave a jolt. Harry had left his wand in the bag on his broom. He was defenceless.

"What, so you're still trying to get him back like some lost puppies?" Harry retorted, ever the Gryffindor. I knew these men, though. That was Davis' voice.

I tried to take a step but I seemed rooted to the spot. I took some deep breaths and reminded myself fiercely that if I didn't step in now they were going to kill Harry.

I summoned all my courage and snuck down the alley. There they were, four Death Eaters with wands out, and Harry in the middle looking defiant. White-hot rage filled me.

*Harry pov*
I wasn't showing it, but these men were terrifying. I focused on keeping my hands from shaking.

"The least we can do for his memory is to rid this Earth of scum like you. You and those Mudbloods and blood traitors you're so fond of," the Death Eater was saying. "They're next."

He drew out his wand, but before he could speak another word there was a thwack and he fell over backwards, revealing Draco behind him, shaking with rage. "Get your filthy hands away from my boyfriend."

There was blood on his knuckles from where he'd just punched the Death Eater, and he was drawing his wand from his robes.

"Oh, is little Dwaco coming to save his little boyfwend?" Sneered one of the remaining three.

"Cru- Stupefy!" Draco yelled, catching himself before he used an Unforgivable Curse.

"Little Draco." Said a third Death Eater. "Always too cowardly, weren't you? You and I both know you wouldn't deserve fearless Harry Potter even if he was a girl." He made a noise of disgust. "You'll never deserve him. You belong with us." He grabbed Draco's forearm and pulled up the sleeve, revealing the Dark Mark. Draco was frozen. "You see this? You'll always be a Death Eater. He'll never see you as an equal, because their side always think they're superior. This Mark marks you forever as a Death Eater. Someone from the Dark side. Draco, you are responsible for hundreds of deaths, not to mention that you did nothing while the Mudblood was marked by Bellatrix, or while hundreds were slaughtered by our side. So don't pretend you're innocent. Don't -"

But whatever Draco should not do was cut off as he roared "STUPEFY!" at the gloating Death Eater, and then at the other before they could speak a word.

***

****TRIGGER WARNING*****
This section contains mentions of self harm, and there is a scene with a lot of blood, yes this is that part if you have read enough drarry you know what I'm talking about. If you aren't comfortable reading this please skip this section, I will write a short summary in bold at the end of the section if you aren't comfortable reading it or if it triggers you at all 💜
***********************

Harry followed a silent Draco back to their brooms. Draco has shut down every attempt at conversation, so Harry had given up. They flew back to the castle in the same uncomfortable silence, Harry trying to break the ice every now and then and getting shut down every time.

They finally arrived. Harry realised he hadn't asked Pansy about that cake, so he went to the owlery to send a letter asking her since Draco was in no mood to talk to him.