Chp. 32- Bad Timing

Taylor's POV.

Ava passed out body layed limp on her bed and a stranger spread on the ground unconscious.

I walked to the bed to pick up Ava, carrying her inside her room and onto the bed. I grabbed my phone out of my back pocket, dialling 911. I waited for a few seconds before a woman responded into the phone, "911, what's your emergency?"

"Hello, I'd like to report an intruder and attempted rape."

The next thing I knew, two cop cars drove up to the house, knocking on the front door. They arrested the guy who tried to hurt Ava, now in her room questioning her. I stood in the living room, waiting anxiously for her dad to get home.

Soon enough, her dad came rushing through the door, asking me what was going on. "Someone broke in and tried to rape Ava." I explained. "They're in her room questioning her."

He bolted to the room with me following behind him. The two cops stood up as we walked in. Ava looked at me with tears brimming her eyes. I immediately rushed to her, her arms tightly gripped around my neck. Her dad and the cops left us in the room alone, as they walked into the living room.

I looked at Ava's eyes, which were full of fear. I held her face in my hands as I said with a weak smile, "I'm so glad you're okay.."

"I should of told you about it before it got out of hand.." I heard her croak. I pulled away, surprised at her statement. "What do you mean?"

"The guy who broke in.. I knew him.."

My eyes widened in shock. "Who?"

I let Ava explain. "I met him the day were at the mall.. and we went on a date after we stopped talking.. and.. he was so nice to me.. but then he tried to.." she started to choke. I hugged her again as tears started to fall from her face. "He tried to force me to have sex with him.. it was the same guy who bruised my eye.. then I got a note saying he would come after me again.. and now.."

"You should of told me.. I would have helped you" I said looking at her, hating to see her cry. She nodded slightly.

Her walked into the room as I looked up. "What did they say?"

"He's going to be in jail for a long time.." He said looking to Ava. I heard a sigh a relief from her as she wiped her eyes.

He sat down on the bed next to us. "Luckily his parents aren't going to fight against it. So, he's going to plead guilty during court."

"He deserves it." I scoffed.

"Please, let's just not talk about it anymore." Ava mumbled.

Her dad left as I turned back to Ava."I'm staying here tonight. Okay? I need to know you're safe."

She sniffled as she gave me a grin. "I know I'll be safe as long as I'm with you." I pressed my lips against her forehead as we layed down, cuddled together. So many emotions ran through me as she layed in my arms. No matter what happened, I would always be here for her. She had me wrapped around her finger and I wasnt afraid to admit it. She had to know how much I cared about her. She was stubborn and restless, no matter what; she would always find a way to push me away. But not this time, there was no way I was going to have it. She had to know exactly what she meant to me.

"Um, Ava.." I spoke softly.

"Yeah?"

My heart beated rapidly as she waited for me to speak. I had to ask her or else I was sure to explode. This girl needs to be mine, I wouldn't have it any other way. If words couldn't tell her how much she meant to me, my next question had to.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" I finished holding my breath.

She chuckled and in a moment's time, I flashed with panic. She was going to reject me.

"Your timing is awfully late and fairly odd." She joked, bringing my lips back to a grin as I stared at her beautiful smile, "But yes.."

I sighed in relief at her response. My heart slowed to it's normal rate as my body relaxed against hers. I couldn't and wouldn't fight back the smile that urged on my face.

What a night.