Chp. 20- Star Gaze

As soon as I got back from the hospital, things didn't quite go back to the way they were. People from my school heard about my incident. Some sympathized and others said I did it for attention. Either way, I didn't mind. They didn't know me, so it was none of their business. The sooner they figured that out, they sooner they'll stopped talking.

My dad cleaned up my room when I got back home. He thrown away the blade I had used to harm myself. Seeing how I hurt everybody around me, I had sworn off from doing that again. It still didn't stop the depressed thoughts I had.

It was Saturday evening and I had told my dad I was going out for the night. I had taken out a black floral lace dress my mom had bought me when we went on our monthly shopping sprees. It was already starting to get colder once we were reaching winter weather. So I put on a long black cardigan over. I slipped on my black boots and went to the bathroom to put on my makeup. Putting on my smokey eye shadow, I decided not to wear red lipstick. I barely got done finishing curling my hair when I heard a car park out front.

He's here.

I grabbed my phone and ran out of my room. I reached the front door before my dad could. "Love you" I quickly said kissing him on the cheek and rushing out the front door.

I ran to Taylor's car before my dad could even take a step out. He was wearing a white long sleeve button up with a black crewneck over and khakis. I climbed into the passengers seat, already putting my seat belt on. A little confused, Taylor got back in his car and looked over to me. "Eager, are we Parker?" he winked at me.

I rolled me eyes, "C'mon let's go." I said ushering him to start the car. He reached in the backseat and grabbed a blindfold. "Here." He said handing it to me. A little unsure, I put it on.

He turned on the car and started playing Try Hard by 5SOS. I smiled at his bizarre tast of music as he started to back out of the drive away.

15 minutes went by and he still driving. "Where are we going?" I asked eagerly. He chuckled as he put on his hands over mine and interwined our fingers. "Were almost there.. By the way, you look beautiful." My cheeks burned as I felt a fuzzy feeling in thebpit of my stomach.

The road started to get bumpy and my curiousity was eating me whole. He suddenly started slowing down before coming to a complete stop. "Don't take it off yet." He said getting out of the car then opening the door on my side. He took my hand and slowly helped me out. Still holding my hand, he lightly put his other one below my waist.

"Watch it there Andrews." I said slapping his hand playfully. We walked to the front of his car until we stopped.

"Okay. We're here." He said taking off my blinfold.

I gasped as I looked at the beautiful sight in front of me. He had parked on top a high hill overlooking the city. I smiled at the way the city light glowed below us. Since the sun had already set, the stars looked amazing shining in the dark sky. I turned to see Taylor reaching a box of pizza and a bottle of apple cider.

"Aw. How thoughtful." I chuckled as he laid out a blanket on top of the hood of his car. Knowing my love for pineapple pizza, Taylor handed me 2 slices. I pratically gulped my first slice down, since I haven't ate in the past 2 days. He just chuckled as he took a bite of his.

"Thank you." I mumbled after I finished chewing.

"For what?" He turned to look at me.

"For everything, I guess." I laughed quietly. "For saving me.. Dylan told me I could have lost a lot of blood if you didn't do what you did. I might not have been here if it wasn't for you." I smiled to him.

He smiled back as he looked down. "I'll always be here for you.."

"How did you know I was going to harm myself?" I asked a little curious.

"I didn't. Once you took off, I had to go after you.." His said as his eyes looked into mine. "I couldn't let you go again.. and when I finally got to your house, I went to knock on your window, ready to apologize to you. When I peeked in your window, I saw you in your bathroom. I saw you take out that blade before you closed the door. I knew what you were planning to do.. and I couldn't let you go through with it."

He looked down at his fist that now had healed up. "So I broke your window and busted the door open. And when I saw you on the floor with blood flowing from your wrists.. I went crazy. I picked you up and rushed out the front door. Your dad saw me carrying you. He didn't ask questions, he just got into his car and followed me to the hospital."

"Thank you.. Taylor." I quietly spoke. "And I'm sorry for yelling at you.."

"No, no. Don't apologize. None of it was your fault. I don't know why I said those things. I didn't mean any of them and when-" his voice trailed off. "I'm sorry Ava.."

I don't know what came over me in that moment. But before I knew it, I  put my hands over Taylor's cheeks, slowly leaning into him. I softly pushed my lips against his. He kissed back, putting one hand on my waist. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach began to flutter. It was perfect. I was here kissing the boy I-

Then reality snapped back to me. The butterflies began to wilt. I couldn't do this.

He's just going to use you, Ava. Push him away before he has the chance to hurt you..

I quickly pulled away, climbing off his car. "Is everything alright?" Taylor asked confused.

"Yeah." I uttered. "I think it's time for me to go home."

"But-"

"Now." I said a little harshly.

He looked at me with a hurt expression. "Fine." He said no longer hurt, but now a little mad at my harsh actions. "I'll take you home then."

I got into the passengers seat as I waited for him to put the stuff away. He got into the car saying nothing. Then drove away from the beautiful scenery that was our first date.