Chp. 24- Hiding Behind A Cigarette

It was our last day of school until we were released to winter break. Finals were stressing, but that wasn't my main problem. All week, Taylor started acting the exact same way from when I first met him.

I strolled on school campus, I noticed Taylor and his friends hanging outside the front doors, smoking cigarettes. I rolled my eyes as I walked toward the front gates. It was bizarre that they all wore black clothing, giving them a deviant influence look. Which they were, all of them. Which made some girls at school want them even more. But not me.

As I walked past their group almost engulfed in cigarette smoke, I could hear one of Taylor's friends call out, "Look Taylor, it's your stalker." All of hiis friends laughed like a bunch of hyenas on crack.

I paused for a moment, feeling a mixture of annoyance and confidence bolt through me and before I knew it, I darted to the kid who made the comment.

"Look, I don't know what Taylor tells you but-"

"Oh, Taylor tells us a lot about you." He smirked, "How else would we know you about you sneaking into his house at night begging for him to sleep with you?" He chuckled, making me cringe in disgust, "Slut."

My eyes full of anger, darted to Tayor. He played along with their cruel game and laughed with his other friends. I stood my ground in front of Taylor, not daring to falter my glare.

"If you want to go around making up lies, telling them to all your friends, fine. Just leave me out of it. I get it, you need your friends and your pack of smokes to make you feel special. But all you are is a coward hiding behind a cigarette." I said, shoving myself past their group and into the school halls.

I was immediately greeted by stares from the whole school. My eyes wandered around the hall, noticing guys winking at me, or girls giving me scowls. It continued to be like this for the whole day.

I guess Taylor's friends didn't hesitate to spread rumours.

The school day went by slow and excruciating.

Normally, I wouldn't bother to are about what others said about me. But their whispers anf stares were getting to me. And I hated it. I didn't know what Taylor and his friends had said, but I knew it wasn't good.

I walked into my last class of the day, sitting in my usual seat. A note was delicately placed on my desk as I walked up. I stared confusely at the note before hesitately opening it.

Hey slut, next time I wanna take a load off, will you help me? (;

I could hear snickers and giggles behind me as I turned to see a bunch of jocks giving me kissy faces and winks. I instantly ripped the note to pieces within seconds. I whipped around and flipped off the whole group of assholes.

"Aye, what time!" one of them called out after me as I rushed out of the classroom.

I turned my head around and immdeiately regretted it. Taylor was hovering over an unfamiliar blonde, kissing her neck as she moaned in pleasure. His head snapped up, feeling the presence of someone staring at him. Once he made contact with me, I felt as if my breath had been kicked out of me. His devilish grin grew to his face, giving me an unsettling sensation. He gave me one cruel wink before turning his head down and continuing his sexual doing on the girl.

I felt my eyes sting and I turned away instantly, not wanting Taylor having the satisfaction of seeing me weak. I rushed towards the school doors and into the grey skies.

I walked straight home, trying to think of an excuse to tell my dad. I opened the door to see him passed out on the couch. I could tell he was sober, by the way he didn't have any liquor bottles scattered on the floor.

I walked my room, shutting the door behind me. My phone buzzed just as I set my backpack on the bed. I checked my phone to see a text message from Nick.

N: So, tomorrow? Movies and dinner?

A: Yeah (:

N: Great, see you then (:

I threw my phone on the bed, grabbing a towel and into the bathroom. I took a shower, trying to wash off the thoughts of recent events from today.

I couldn't believe I thought Taylor was different from his friends. I should of known, they're all the same.

Soon after, I climbed out of the shower and changed into comfy pj's. I buried myself under my covers, wanting to escape this horrible reality. I just had to face the facts. Taylor will never be who I thought he was. The sooner I accepted it, the better.