XX- Janet

Chris had told me a little bit more of Jay. For starters he was 19. He was the only child of Khione, goddess of ice and snow, he lived in the Hermes cabin while his own cabin was being built, and his last name was Connor. Jay Connor. I smiled at the name. Then I heard one of my new sisters call out to me.

"Earth to Janet!" she said. Her name was Sandra. She was a 16 year old, blond hair, brown eyes, around 5'5", and teaches necromancy. "Janet!" I sat up in my bed.

"Hm.. What?" I looked around. I was in my cabin. "What happened?"

"Nothing happened. That's why i'm calling you. You're supposed to practice your necromancy but instead your over hear daydreaming." She pulls me out of bed. I glare at her quite annoyed.

"How do you want me to practice necro-whatever if I can't even say the word?" I sassed. I glanced at the clock. It was 12 noon. Jay was going to come by around 12:30. "Can I practice some other time? I have to get ready for a date." I pleaded. Sandra rolled her eyes.

"Fine. But if you get in trouble don't come running to me." Sandra said. Then she turned around and walked off and began to yell at some kid playing around with a zombie-rat. I ran into the bathroom and took a quick shower. I brushed my hair then put on pair of blue skinny jeans, a white v-neck, my black cardigan, and black flats. I checked myself in the mirror.

"Woah. You're beautiful" I heard a voice say from behind me say. I turned around to see Jay. He was wearing some plain jeans, an opened blue and white flannel shirt and some white sandals. I couln't help but stare at his body. He had a swimmers body. Pecks, a 4-pack, and... 'For the love of Zeus' I thought. "He has a v-line.' I blushed then looked away.

"Thanks." I shyly smiled. "You look. Um.." the words 'hot', 'sexy', and 'like a god' passed through my mind but I settled for a smaller word. "Nice." Jay laughed. He extended his hand asking for mine.

"Ready to go?" He asked. He gave me a half smile as I took his hand. For a child of the ice goddess, he was warm to the touch.

"Yeah." I finally said. We walked out of my cabin with a few stares and whispers from my new brothers and sisters. "Where are we going?" I asked when we were finally outside. Jay hadn't let go of my hand.

"I was thinking that we could go down to the beach. I have this little spot that no one knows about." He began to walk to the beach.

"You aren't taking me to that spot to kill me are you?" I joked with him. He gave a genuine laugh. He actually liked my joke.

"I promise not to kill you if you promise not to kill me. Deal?" He looked down at me. We met each others eyes. I felt a cold shiver go down my spine. He gave me his half smile again and looked back up.

"Deal." I said. After walking for about 10 minutes making small talk about nothing, we reached our destination.

"We're here." He announced. We reached the opening of a cave. He picked up a torch from the side of the cave and lit it. We walked in hand in hand.

"What is this place?" I asked. I cuddled up to Jay, partially because I was scared and partially because I wanted to be closer to Jay.

"Don't worry. We wont get lost. I hope you don't mind a little swim." Then he let go of my hand and took off his shirt and sandals and tossed them aside. He jumped into the nearby lake that we had reached. "Come on. We're halfway there." Jay motioned me to jump in after him. After some hesitation I took of my cardigan and flats and jumped in after him. We swam until we got to the end of the lake then he asked for my hand. "Deep breath." He said. I obliged and we both submerged into the water. When we came out we were in a different location. We were outside on the other side of the cave overlooking a small beach.

"Where are we?" I asked getting out of the water.

"I call it, The Forgotten Lake. Pretty cool huh?" Jay said as he walked up to a blanket set on the sand. I sat down next to him. "I don't usually bring people here. It's special, meant to be shared only with other special people. People like you." I looked at Jay, smiled shyly and looked away. "Close your eyes." He said. I frowned. "I promise not to kill you" He gave me his half smile as I closed my eyes. I felt him grabbing my hand with both of his and then a cold sensation. "Open them" I did. He removed his hands to reveal a rose. One made of ice. I looked up at him.

"How did you? It's beautiful." I pulled it closer to myself. Gently holding it so it wouldn't break.

"It won't." Jay spoke up.

"Won't what?" I asked.

"It won't break. It won't melt. That's what you were thinking off right?" I nodded. Then I put the rose down on my lap. I cuddled up to Jay and we spent the afternoon talking. Favorite foods. Favorite movies. Favorite color. We talked about it all. We would've stayed like that too. But then from the sky we saw a bright comet coming down then hitting the ground on the other side of the cave.

"What was that?" I asked standing up.

"No. It can't be. He's dead." Jay said as he pulled me by the hand back to camp.