XV- Zack

"Why did I hug him? Why did I have the urge to save him? I mean, I'm not.. Gay." I said out loud. I was in my own cabin changing. I didn't have much. Some campers had come by and left me a couple of jeans, camp shirts, and socks. I opened my messenger bag. Inside I had a black cardigan, my journal, my pouch full of pens, my book 'Elsewhere', and my iPod. I forgot I had that. I pulled it out. All my music was still on it. I put on my headphones and put play. It was playing some Elvis Presley. I put pause and put it back in my bag. I hopped into the shower and then put on a pair of jeans, the camp shirt, my black cardigan with the sleeves pulled up, and my same shoes. I put on my necklace and then my glasses. I checked myself on the mirror. "I'm not bad looking now that I think about it." I said out loud. "Hazel eyes, black short hair, glasses fit my face perfectly, I'm about 5'9". I'm not buff, but I'm pretty toned." Then I sat down on my bed and pulled my iPod out of my bag. I took off the headphones and pressed play on my iPod. I skipped a few songs and landed on Beyoncé. I would deny it if someone had said anything but I am a Beyoncé fan. It was more of a guilty pleasure of mine. I put it on the desk next to my bed and began to sweep the cabin. I was dancing and singing that I didn't hear when my cabin door opened. Once I twirled in place I saw Lance at the door smiling. I almost fell down when I saw him. "Lance?!" I ran to my iPod and turned off the music. "Um.. How long have you been there?" I looked at him.
"About a minute or two. Didn't you hear me knock and walk in?" He said.
"Um.. No. I didn't. Sorry. You didn't hear my music did you?" I asked. 'Obviously he did. He was laughing for a reason.'
"Yeah." He laughed. "Didn't think you were a Beyoncé fan."
"I'm not." I smiled. "It's more of a guilty pleasure of mine. And I'll deny it if you tell anyone." I said.
"I won't tell anyone. I'm a Beyoncé fan as well. You were listening to Diva weren't you?" He walked up to the iPod and pressed play. He then sat down next to me. He was wearing a pair of jeans, his camp shirt over a white long sleeve and his sneakers. "Um.. I wanted to explain what happened yesterday. That, and say thank you for saving me."
"It was nothing." I said. I was trying not to think about the hug. But I noticed that Lance was thinking about it. It was more like he was struggling with that. Then the song changed. It was Wings by Little Mix.
"Hey. This is my favorite song. Come dance with me." I pulled him out of my bed and began to randomly dance around my cabin. For a moment he just stood there then he began to dance as well. We were both just horribly singing and dancing. Then I grabbed his hand and twirled him around, and pulled him towards me without thinking. He spun into my hands and for a moment we were really close. I caught the scent of him.
"Minty soap." I said out loud.
"What?" He said looking up at me meeting my eyes. We hadn't let go of each other.
"Minty soap. It's my favorite type of soap." I said. I looked at his eyes. His eyes were brown. But in the light they looked almost golden. "Beautiful." I accidentally said. "You're eyes are beautiful." Lance began to blush. I used my other hand to brush my fingers on his face. Then I pulled him closer to my face, close enough to kiss him.
"Zack. I.. I think I like you." Lance said as he leaned in even closer to me. For a moment. We just stood there. Then I heard a knock on the door. I immediately let go of him. I turned around and saw Percy at the door. He looked shocked at what he saw.
"Um..." I looked at Lance who was trying not to meet my eyes. Then I looked back at Percy. I went to the door and opened it. "Yeah?"
"Sorry to interrupt you guys." Percy began.
"Don't worry. Nothing was going on here." I quickly added. I looked back at Lance. He looked hurt. Then I looked at Percy.
"I came to take you to your first sword fighting class." Percy said motioning me to follow him.
"Yeah sure." I looked back at Lance. "Um. Can you.. You know.. Leave?" I said. Lance nodded and just hurried out the door. He looked like if he was going to cry. I wanted to follow him and say sorry. But like I said.. I'm not... gay... Right?