Chapter 11: Truth Serum

Here I am.

Standing in front of this place once again.

After accompanying Mother home, I found myself sneaking back out. To this place, where I was kidnapped and forced to spend the night with a beautiful girl, Wen Lu.

"I totally forgot my promise! What kind of man am I if I'm not a man of my words?! What am I talking about?! I'm not a man!"

About to pull out my hair, I realized I was having an identity crisis right in the middle of the busy street. People stared and whispered before scurrying when they saw my menacing stare. Now matter how senile I appeared, I was still the ruthless Young Master Hong they knew.

I cleared my throat, straightened my back. Hands behind my back, this time I was walking with confidence into the brothel.

A young woman suddenly wrapped her arm around mine. "Young Master, you're back finally! Let me serve you, ah?"

Another presses her chest against my other arm and said, "Nooo. Young Master, let me serve you!"

"Ha..." I flung my arms free from their hold.

I'm so uncomfortable...

"N-- No need. Just get me Wen Lu."

"Wen Lu? She's already serving Lord Gu tonight."

"What?" I turned to face the maiden. "Bring her to me immediately."

Her flirtatious demeanor vanished and was replaced with intimidation. "M-- My Lord, please do not be angry... We are more than enough to serve you."

"If you won't bring her to me, I'll get her myself," I tell her sternly. I hurried off to find Wen Lu amongst the fancy private rooms in the back.

Clumsily opening each door, I witnessed a lot that I wasn't supposed to. I promised to cleanse my eyes well after tonight. Of course, the two wench from earlier were still chasing after, trying to ease my impatience.

"Young Master Hong! You mustn't!"

"Young Master Hong, please!"

"Ai-yah, away with you two!" I quickly ran toward the stairs and made my way to the second floor.

With fast pacing, everything out of my sight appeared in a daze. Thinking I saw someone familiar, I took a couple steps back and peer into the hallway.

Isn't that the young boy who snatched me to Lord Gu the other day?

He's guarding the door. That must mean Lord Gu is in there!

I walk up to him, staring down at him while he seemed perplexed.

"Tell your Lord Hong to let Wen Lu off. She's serving me tonight."

"Who the hell are you?"

I froze from the harshness of his words.

Eh? He doesn't recognize me?

"You don't know me? Looking for death... Move aside!"

I attempt to get past him, but he rushed to push my shoulder. I falter back, giving him the most heinous glare.

"Get out of here!" He yelled.

"You... dared touched me?" I brushed off the area he hit. "I didn't want to get violent, but you started it."

With Hong Liumeng's strength, I've gotten brazen. If anyone dared to bully me, I wouldn't let them off easy.

I grabbed his belt and the back of his collar. Dragging him down the hall, he screamed, cursing me to let him go. I tossed him into a room, shutting the door and told the women in there to take care of him.