"Nice to meet you, this is my daughter, Alexandria-" She elbowed her dad gently. "Sorry, Alex," he chuckled. 

Wonder why she doesn't like her name. 

"Well, why don't you kids go off then, go talk to some of the others, we'll be around," my dad said before disappearing with Mr. Lockhart. 

I finally let myself check her out and take the sight in. She looked gorgeous. She had her hair pulled up in a high ponytail while she wore a rose gold dress that went a little deeper down her chest with a slit down her leg to show off her skin. Her face had specks of glitter scattered across, mainly her eyes while she held a matching clutch in her hands. 

"Hi," she offered me a small smile. 

I snapped out of it and met her eyes. "Hey," I nodded before sticking my arm out for her to link hers in. She looked at me in confusion. "Do you see anybody walking alone here?" I questioned. 

She scanned the room before sighing and linking her arm with mine as we began walking around. 

"I thought your dad doesn't bring you to these things," I smirked. 

"He doesn't, apparently I was requested to come here. Especially," she said while looking around, exchanging smiles with some of the women. I could see some girls from our grade eyeing her, probably wondering who she was because I doubt she's spoken to any of the girls before. "So this is what you do here? Just walk around, smile at strangers, talk to strangers, dance with strangers?" she asked, turning to face me. 

"Pretty much," I sighed while we found a spot in the corner of the room where there wasn't much of a crowd. 

"Do you want a drink?" 

She didn't strike me as the type to drink. 

"Yes, please." I bit back a smile when she took me by surprise and pulled out the flask and handed it to her. She took a sip before her face scrunched up in disgust and she coughed. "God, what the hell is that?" she asked while patting down her chest. 

"Devil Springs Vodka," I answered. 

"That is eighty-percent!" she gaped at me. I chuckled before taking a sip and putting it back into my coat. "Now what? We just stand here like idiots?" she asked while leaning against the wall. 

People are dancing. We could dance. 

"We could dance," I stated. 

She laughed nervously, "I can't dance," she admitted. 

"I can teach you. It's rich snobby people, all we have to do is sway around," I shrugged with a smirk. 

She stared at me before sighing in defeat and placing her clutch on the nearest table before walking to the dance floor with me. "Okay, now what?" she asked, shaking her arms to get rid of the nervousness. 

"First, relax," I laughed. I took a step closer and she immediately took one back. I sighed before putting an arm around her waist and pulling her closer. "Breathe," I whispered. I grabbed her arms and put them around my neck before resting mine around her waist, leaving a small distance between us. "There's a little routine," I cleared my throat. 

"What routine?" she asked, looking up at me in confusion. 

"Every five minutes, everyone spins their partners and gets a new partner. It's just normal dancing until then. It moves in a clockwise rotation," I explained. 

"So I'm dancing with a lot of strangers tonight, great," she muttered. 

"I'm a stranger still?" I asked, feigning hurt.