Chapter 64: War

Chapter 64: War

Previously...

Finally the initial guard finally finds the right key and unlocks the cell. I bound out in my wolf form, knocking both of them over. I grab both the collars of their uniforms and drag them into the cell, slamming the door as I exit. The lock kicks in and automatically locks them inside.

"Wait boss... What are you doing?" One of the guards stares at me with a face full of questions. Without giving them any answers I rush along the hallway and up the winding staircase at the end of it. Luckily, Scarface has taken the rest of the rogues to my pack, which has left the rest of the abandoned hideout empty. I burst the the remaining wooden door, shatterinng it into pieces. The light blinds me and I stumble into the grass which was damp from the morning dew.

I'm finally outside... I'm free...

____________________________________________________________________________

I shift back into my human form so I can focus all my energy into my surroundings and not have to use energy up to maintain Scarface's wolf form. Since my senses are stronger than a normal werewolf's, I plan on trying to find any sounds from a pack close by or if I can locate the pack of rogues headed towards my own pack. I close my eyes and focus everything into my hearing. I hear the wind whistling through the leaves and the grass moving and waving in the breeze. I hear smaller animals moving through the forest from the snapping of the branches and crunching of dried leaves to their footsteps.

Then I pick up on a whisper...
'Avery...' Ashen's voices flows through the wind, causing my eyes to shoot open. I immediately shift into a white wolf form and run in the direction where his voice came from. I'm not sure if it's because they are near or if it's through the help of Crystal's power or through the mindlink...

Wait mindlink! How could I forget. 'Ashen!' I quickly send a message to him. As I'm rushing through the forest, dodging trees and branches, all I get is silence. 'Ashen, please answer me...' Every step I take in the direction I am running, I feel our bond growing stronger.

'Just... Please be safe, I'll be there is a second.' I freeze time briefly hoping I can catch up to the rogues and stop them from attacking or at least try to get to the pack to help defend the attack. But I know I can't waste all my energy now, since I just got it back, so I keep releasing time and freezing in intervals.

Suddenly an image flashes across my vision. I see the area around my pack house teaming with werewolves. They have formed a formation around the edges of the border and are eying down a few werewolves in their wolf form stalking through the trees several yards away. The rogues... They are at the pack already. No no no no no NO! DAMMIT!

I feel the weather around me start to surge and form dark clouds through the sky. Although I'm not controlling it with my energy, I think it's being fuelled off of my strong emotions or at least reacting to it.

Another image flashes across my sights, but this time it was more of a movie. I'm watching as it pans around the area to lock onto some familiar faces; Kyle, Crystal and Mum... I can see their mouths moving but I can't hear anything. Then I see hands come up from beside my vision and pointing out different directions where one can see the rogues stalking and hiding in the forest. Kyle looks around before replying with a short nod and shifting into his wolf form and joking a part of the formation. Then I realise I'm looking through Ashen's eyes... I'm seeing what he is seeing and what's going on at the pack at the moment.

Although since I am seeing Ashen's view, I'm surprised I haven't run into a tree yet considering I can't see where I'M going.

'Don't worry about it, I've been guiding you towards the direction of the pack, as well as any trees that you might run into,' Celestial chuckles from inside my head. 'Im just happy that Ashen and Skull are safe at the moment. Hopefully they can hold out until we get there.'