Chapter Seven: Mayhem and Media

Sorry this is late my computer's getting fixed and I’m having to use an old crappy one which takes forever to do anything and they keys stick.

   Alec

Alec stretched and rolled over onto his other side, keeping his eyes closed. Ugh morning. He thought grumpily. After a few moments he sighed and opened his eyes. Why is my room so sunny? His eyes scanned the floor and he noticed his shirt laying a few feet away. Thats weird. He almost always put his clothes away at night.

Wait…..my floor isn’t white….This wasn’t his floor….and this wasn’t his bed. Suddenly he heard a clattering from the other room and sat straight up.

“Oh you’re awake! Good morning!! Sleep well?” A very shirtless Magnus had just walked through the door carrying a plate and a glass of orange juice.

“Here I thought you might be hungry...I mean...we never got around to the dinner part of last night.” He said, smirking.

“Wait….we.didn’t….I mean….we never…..”

“What? Oh no! No! Calm down we didn’t do that. “ Magnus said, setting the plate down on the beside table.

“Oh thank god.” Alec slumped back onto the pillows. “I mean...no offense to you...I didn’t mean….oh no….”
“Alexander, relax. I’m not offended.” He chuckled. “Here, eat. Its my very famous reheated bagel. I microwaved it myself.”

MAGNUS

Alec smiled and took a bite. Magnus walked back around to the other side of the bed and layed down back on his side. “I like your tattoos.” He said after a few moments, running his finger down one of the black markings on the others skin.

“Oh, thanks.” Alec said glancing down and taking another bite.

“What are they?”

“They’re called runes. In the shadowhunter culture, its thought they were supposed to give the warriors special powers.”

“Do yours mean anything?”

“Yeah, this one here is good luck, this ones courage, and this ones called a voyance rune. Its supposed to give the shadow hunters focus and the power to identify the downworlders. I like to think it gives me the power to see through fake people.” He said, smiling to himself.

“Awww.” Magnus giggled.

“What?”
“Nothing you’re just adorable. Whats this one stand for?” He asked, brushing one rune near his heart.”

Alec suddenly frowned. “Thats called a parabatai rune.”

“What is it?”

“Its a bond rune. Hey what time is it?”
Magnus raised an eyebrow, getting a feeling that there was something about that rune Alec didn’t want to talk about. “Umm...11ish I think?”

“What! Oh no no no.” He shouted jumping up and searching frantically for his shirt.

“Why whats wrong?” Magnus asked, sitting up.

“I’m supposed to meet my sister in 10 minutes! Oh shes going to kill me!”

“Oh, I can just have Charlie take you back home if you want.” He offered.

“No! No...thank you…”

Magnus frowned. “Honey you’re never going to be able to catch a bus here. Really, its his job...so its not as if you’re inconveniencing him.”
“Oh….well...we’re not meeting at my house anyways.” Alec said, avoiding eye contact.