Chapter Six: Kisses and Carrie

Hehehe hopefully this will be cute!! IM SO SORRY THIS TOOK FOREVER I DON’T KNOW HOW TO WRITE KISS SCENES.

Alec

   He knew he should be upset, angry, hurt….but all he could think of was the fact that Magnus had invited him just him over for halloween. Everything with Jace seemed less of a big deal now. He just didn’t understand it, how could you be in love with someone for 10 years...and then….he sighed and sat down in one of the staff room chairs, resting his head on the table. “Long day sweetie?”

     He looked up and saw Ruth, one of the receptionists, standing in the doorway. Alec smiled and nodded. “Very long. I was stuck with the most annoying tour groups ever.”
“Oh thats a shame. At least your boyfriend came to visit! Tea?”

“Yes, wait what?” He looked at her startled. “My who?”

“Your boyfriend dear. Tall, extremely handsome and glamourous.”

Alec suddenly realised who she was talking about and blushed a shade of very dark red. “Oh….hes not….we’re not….I mean….we’re just…..well….” He stuttered.

“Hmm. Well thats a shame. He’s a very good looking young man.”

Alec blushed darker and turned away. “Yeah…..” He whispered.

“So,” Ruth said, handing him a cup of tea and sitting down across from him. “Do you have any plans for Halloween this year dear?” She asked.

“Um...well...actually….Magnus and I are going to watch Carrie…” He said quietly.

“Magnus? Your boyfriend?”

“Hes not my….”

“Yes not your boyfriend I know. Well...not yet anyways.” She said, smiling.

“I’m not!....We’re not….I!”

“Calm down dear, I’m just having a bit of fun! Now, I best be getting back to work. Good luck on your date!”

“Its not a…..date…” He called after her.

She just waved her hand over her shoulder and shut the door behind her. Alec sighed and dropped his head to the table again.

***

         “I was thinking of just going as a cat again this year.”

“A cat!? Are you serious! Thats literally the most boring thing you could think of Meri!” Camille complained, brandishing her chopsticks at the woman sitting opposite her.

“What’s it matter? Most people are so drunk within an hour they can’t even tell the difference between a real cat and a human.” Ragnor said.

They were all sitting in Magnus’s office, eating chinese food. It was Sunday night and Camille and Magnus had had to stay to work late on the Abernathy wedding again. Ragnor and his assistant Meri had dropped by with chinese food and they had ended up staying and talking about the upcoming party. “You’re coming right Magnus?”

Everyone looked at him. “Actually I have plans.”

“Plans?” Meri looked at him skeptically.

“Yes, Plans.”
“Alright who is it?” Camille snapped putting her food down.

Magnus looked at her startled, a piece of orange chicken halfway to his mouth. “Whos- sorry what?”

“The person you’ve been seeing?”